Gone with the wind.

randy1149

Well not quite. I had a couple of Baker air wings left from my Wing so I split them in half and installed one on the windshield and the other on the radiator side covers. I also installed hand deflectors which really work protecting my hands and complement well with the heated grips for added comfy. The added Baker wings did not make a major difference, the lower ones did send the wind around my legs... every little bit helps.

Attachments

• IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_0152.jpg
    IMG_0152.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_0148.jpg
    IMG_0148.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:

burdicda

Hand Covers ??

Well not quite. I had a couple of Baker air wings left from my Wing so I split them in half and installed one on the windshield and the other on the radiator side covers. I also installed hand deflectors which really work protecting my hands and complement well with the heated grips for added comfy. The added Baker wings did not make a major difference, the lower ones did send the wind around my legs... every little bit helps.

What, where, and how much for those seeexxxxxy hand covers in the picture...??

ofdave

I have those same handguards-they do a good job. Mine are smoke-wish I'd gotten the black ones.
mine are off for the summer. At 90+ degrees almost every day, I prefer the wind on my hands.
I did not remove the bar ends for the install, just bolted through the guard right into/through the bar end.
Two small unobtrusive tabs remain at the base of the mirror stems with the guards off.
It is my hope that I can remember where I put the guards come fall when it's time for them to go back on.

Woodswoman

I like those! And they certainly cost a bunch less than my Brukus Wing Shields.

Of course, the Wing Shields don't owe me anything. They're now on their second bike, so I figure they've paid for themselves in increased comfort and protection from bugs and rocks.

randy1149

I have those same handguards-they do a good job. Mine are smoke-wish I'd gotten the black ones.
mine are off for the summer. At 90+ degrees almost every day, I prefer the wind on my hands.
I did not remove the bar ends for the install, just bolted through the guard right into/through the bar end.
Two small unobtrusive tabs remain at the base of the mirror stems with the guards off.
It is my hope that I can remember where I put the guards come fall when it's time for them to go back on.

ofdave, I thought about taking them off during the summer, I just never got "a round tuit". I installed it as you, using the existing bar weights on the end. If you can't remember where you put them for $14 bucks you can call them a throw and order new ones. ;)

Steven

Randy I made some wind blocks and mounted them on the closer side of the radiator side covers that you did (closer to me and mine were a little larger - experimental only) They really blocked a lot of wind on my legs but then I could feel the heat off the motor a great deal more. BTW, your wind deflectors look really nice on your bike.

randy1149

Steven, thanks. The sizes were limited to the size of the left over Baker wing I had after splitting them in half. I just added them as an experiment also. They do provide enough wind deflection to leave them on. I mounted them to divert the air about 25º away from the bike rather than just guiding the wind around the bike. I have not noticed any change in heat of the engine, which is really a joy to ride after my last bike a 1700CC V-twin that was torture when stopped at a light or traffic.

P.S. It it wasn't for the handle bar hitting it I would've fabricated a deflector all the way up the screen. That's why the Cee Baileys screen has the big "cutout" on each side of it.

Last edited: