Out of season dealer price ctx700

Kas

Hello,

New member and not technically an owner yet. I checked out the rules and forum topics, couldn't find any regs regarding a post like this, so if it's mislocated or not accepted I apologize.

I have been researching picking up a 2014 ctx700 naked for a couple of weeks now and just got a quote from a dealer.
They were the only ones within 100 miles that had one in their storage, and they priced me at $5,999. With taxes, reg fees, and title it would be $6,402.94 out the door. They carry a 1 year unlimited warranty, and this quote was for a bare, naked Honda ctx700 manual (black).
My concern is this is my first purchase of a brand new motorcycle from a dealer (26 yrs old riding an '82 Magna), so i'm unfamiliar with the price fluctuations for out of season and into season.

I'm located in Northern Michigan, and my question is basically this: is this a buy price, or would it be beneficial to wait until the late winter early spring to shop around due to a likely price drop, assuming dealers would stock a 2014 with the release of the 2015 model?
Also, would hate to burn 5 months of my warranty with 0 miles (no extended available), whereby waiting until spring I would have season, plus a winterized period, and then some for the bike to live through covered. But missing out on a decent price is also what I'm worried about.
Any comments or guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much.

Merlin III

Look for a used one. Check out CycleTrader.com. I got mine by Goggling used ctx700. I got a 2014 CTX700D with 43 miles on it for 5750 out the door from a car dealership that ended up with it via a trade-in. Of course I had to pay 597.00 to have it shipped to me from GA (still waiting for delivery). Good luck!

Athena

You can wait till the release of the Honda NM4 in June. Fully auto based on the CTX engine with an elongated base. The price of the CTX may drop, although 1000.00 of msrp, if that includes all the extras they like to add, like delivery and set up, isn't bad. Have them throw in a jacket or top level helmet also.