The highest speed on a bike?

Scottie

I am a fan of speed, but I do not like to go fast at all. I've seen some horrible crashes where people were left in hospital for days and some didn't even came out of there. For me I like to see speed,o fast on occasions but that is very rare!!

What say you?

Mirdid

I hit 26 mph on a singletack descent and felt vulnerable. My personal best is 32 mph on flat, and that's on the cross bike.

ofdave

used to hit 100 every time I rode my V strom 1000-just because it would do it so easy
not terribly smart
have done 96 on my CTX and that was all, maybe a headwind and I do have a windshield
some say 115 but I'm a skeptic
country roads and occasional rural highway is where I spend my time-75 is good but usually 65-70 and less when I enjoy the sights

Merlin III

used to hit 100 every time I rode my V strom 1000-just because it would do it so easy
not terribly smart
have done 96 on my CTX and that was all, maybe a headwind and I do have a windshield
some say 115 but I'm a skeptic
country roads and occasional rural highway is where I spend my time-75 is good but usually 65-70 and less when I enjoy the sights
Dave, I am the same way. Being older, I proudly consider myself a slow tourer, not a motorcyclists who is into speed and skill. When I go to the 3 or 4 rallies I attend every year, I rarely ride in the big group. Solo, or 2-3 like minded people is fine for me. I am a geographer by nature and enjoy meeting people, seeing unique geology, and unique sub-cultures.