Is the ...manual worth reading?

dieselfit

Who likes reading manuals anyway. In my experience I've never found use for manuals unless it was for building a house or anything of that nature. Would it be smart to spend hours studying the manual? What's your experience with this?

margarito

I don't have a habit of going through the manuals basically and frankly I'm least interested in doing it. Unless I had negligible knowledge of it, I never think of manuals. I say spending hours to read what you already know is not at all a smart thing because you will surely have minimum knowledge of what you had bought and that is what written in the manual. If you otherwise have any problem with it, then asking the one who knew about it is the wise thing than getting it clarified using a manual.

Beemer Princess

I don't have a habit of going through the manuals basically and frankly I'm least interested in doing it. Unless I had negligible knowledge of it, I never think of manuals. I say spending hours to read what you already know is not at all a smart thing because you will surely have minimum knowledge of what you had bought and that is what written in the manual. If you otherwise have any problem with it, then asking the one who knew about it is the wise thing than getting it clarified using a manual.
I disagree. You can never stop learning. My father taught me to read every manual and it has served me well. There is always something in there that pokes out that you didn't know.

bala

Although there have been many instances of me using manuals when i was left clueless on what i should do,I strongly feel manuals are tailor made for people who have little or no knowledge about the subject.Manuals are given out to the customers to educate the basics of the equipment/service,if you already know what it is all about,i dont see a need for manuals at all.

analog rider

Had an interesting experience following a rear flat. Took the wheel to dealer for new tire mount. Some where in the process the sensor ring bent. This caused more problems than you could shake a stick at. Ended up replacing sensor and ring, now bike is normal. There is a large section in the manual about being careful with sensor and ring when removing wheel, and use caution when dismount/ mount new tire. So read the manual and avoid stupid problems..

wallacem

I agree, have always read thru every car or motorcycle manual when I first get it, just to make sure there is not something new, and usually learn something that made me glad I ran thru it. wallacem in Ga

CB450

I've pretty much always gotten the manual for any vehicle I've bought ahead of taking possession of the vehicle (four wheels or two). It makes no sense to me to have spent $50K on my current car, with all the high-tech goodies, and not know how how to wring all the capabilities out of it. Without thorough knowledge of all its systems, I'd have wasted money. The same applies to modern motorcycles, of which the CTX-700-DCT is an excellent example.

randy1149

Manuals on the go.

Go here and down load the free owners manual in PDF format.
Then here for the Service Manual in PDF for $20.95.

Then place them on a USB jump drive and/or your smartphone which you can carry with you on your bike for emergency use should you need the manuals. It can really come in handy if you have a problem and you can't get to a Honda dealer.