foot pegs

old scoot

I need to move my foot pegs back. I also need a way to mount a peg to use as a foot up to get my old foot over the seat.i got on my that was how I got on my Bergman any ideas.

MegaZero

Not really sure but try asking your mechanic because usually they can help you with customization of bikes. They are usually great, nice and affordable so you might as well ask them to do it in order to avoid the big fuss you need to make.

Good luck!

Beemer Princess

I did it by getting Kurykyn mini boards. They have 3 holes with which to attach them and I used the top most hole. It puts it back farther for me

Athena

Moving the left peg rearward is possible by adding a rearward extension and a new peg. May have to be custom made and possibly welded to the frame. The right peg and brake pedal is possible but will have to be custom, as a new brake cable (longer) will probably be needed. I am assuming that this is an auto and not a manual tranny. Otherwise the left side will also need relocation of the shifter which involves a custom linkage.

Merlin III

The suspension on the CTX is harsh in my opinion and the way you sit on the bike allows all the kick to go right to your back. I really need a peg system that will allow me to put my weight on the pegs as needed to cushion the impact from bumps. Does anyone know if the long Kury floor boards are strong enough to do this?

dale1721CTX

I need to move my foot pegs back. I also need a way to mount a peg to use as a foot up to get my old foot over the seat.i got on my that was how I got on my Bergman any ideas.

I mounted universal foot pegs purchased on ebay for $10. The pegs were mounted using longer 8mm frame bolts, a socket spacer and a fabricated extension.
See pictures. WP_20160914_12_12_26_Pro (600 x 337).jpgWP_20160914_12_12_51_Pro (600 x 337).jpgWP_20160914_12_12_57_Pro (600 x 337).jpgWP_20160914_12_11_42_Pro (600 x 337).jpg

Merlin III

Very nice! So, the existing threading is M8, the universal pegs bolt onto the L bracket which lowers the peg some, and the socket spacer moves the pegs out more from the bike. Are socket spaces of that size available at a hardware store? Maybe the L brackets are also? Nice "Big foot" also.

ofdave

nice, Dale
what muffler do you have?
I see the black muffler shroud is not on, do you think the pegs would work with the stock muffler minus the shroud?

dale1721CTX

nice, Dale
what muffler do you have?
I see the black muffler shroud is not on, do you think the pegs would work with the stock muffler minus the shroud?
The pegs will work with the stock muffler minus the shroud. The muffler is an EMGO reverse cone, nice sound not to loud.

dale1721CTX

Very nice! So, the existing threading is M8, the universal pegs bolt onto the L bracket which lowers the peg some, and the socket spacer moves the pegs out more from the bike. Are socket spaces of that size available at a hardware store? Maybe the L brackets are also? Nice "Big foot" also.
Best place to buy sockets is at garage sales. The lowering bracket was made from aluminum bar stock which is available at Home Depot, Menards or Fastenal. Cut the bar stock and drill holes, easy. The big foot is an electrical box cover.