water temp gauge

andrew172

I'm not sure how I feel about the CTX not having a water temp gauge. I like to know how hot the engine is at all time. Am I being overly fussy about this or do you guys have the same problem?

Oivas

Hey Andrew,

That is one of the thing that most owners want to have, so from that perspective it is not a bad ask at all. However, it is a bit surprising that Honda decided to give it a miss. Wonder why?

hdejong

This was one of the reasons I was hesitant at first to get mine. I too like to know how hot to engine is at all times and I would really like to know why honda hadn't included it.

MegaZero

As a owner of the CTX 700, I can tell you that it DOES not over heat a lot of times and that you should not worry about this problem.I have rode miles with this bike and I can tell you, it is perfectly fine after a long day!

Don't worry about this, just go and get one because it is amazing!

dieselfit

This bike is definitely worth the cost. You are getting what you paid for, that being said the temperatures are perfectly normal and NEVER over heats.

andrew172

It's good that it never over heats, I guess I can jst be really nit picky sometimes and just want to know. But I guess I can let it go and just know that it isn't going to overheat anytime soon.

randy1149

FYI on a few engine temperature specs. The thermostat opens at around 180F so I'd expect that would be the "normal" range the bike runs in. The radiator fan kicks in at 220F about 25 degrees below coolant overheating. Although I'm not concerned about engine overheating I would like a temp gauge. Been searching around for a thermocouple type gauge that doesn't require cutting into the existing hardware... no luck so far.

ofdave

I've always wanted a temp gauge too.
Looked around a while back and realized it would be a minor chore unless there is the thermocouple type like randy mentioned.
I have a naked so mounting a gauge would not be as easy as on a faired model.
I did find this hose adapter so you have a place for the temperature sending unit. (doesn't have to be blue)
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...r-Gauge-Radiator-Hose-Adapter/1421556487.html
This got me interested again, so now I'll go look some more.

Edit-the hose adapter is no longer available-but you get the idea and I'm sure there are others

Last edited: