Why did you pick the CTX700?

Trellum

Hello guys/gals. This question is for all those who own a CTX700, what made you pick that bike over other similar bikes in the market? What makes it so special in your opinion? What's the main attribute of this bike in your opinion? What you like the most about it?

Lol, sorry for making so many questions, but I'd really like to buy a CTX700 soon, but I'm also interesting on a totally different bike. So I'd really like to know what some CTX700 owners have to say about this bike. So far I've heard good things. But I'd really like to know why most of you decided to buy this one :)

willstat

I bought mine used from a friend who had developed arthritic legs. I was getting a bike at a nice price while doing him a favor as he didn't want to have a stranger test riding the bike and he didn't want trust making that type of financial transaction with a stranger. So, the bike really found me. BUT I will say this. I always loved the bike's style. Mine is sleek, I keep it shiny and it is my favorite color: black. I love the bike's curves and shape.

Chaos

I have two bikes now the ctx700 and my old R6. I didn't choose this bike, a friend of mine had one for sale and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. The bike runs great, it's comfortable and runs as good as it looks, I have nothing to complain about even if it was a bargain.

Trellum

Wow, Klieny! That girl sounds like a total keeper ;) You're so lucky she gave you that as a present, hard to compete with that, because it must have been so hard when you had to buy a gift for her birthday!

Trellum

I bought mine used from a friend who had developed arthritic legs. I was getting a bike at a nice price while doing him a favor as he didn't want to have a stranger test riding the bike and he didn't want trust making that type of financial transaction with a stranger. So, the bike really found me. BUT I will say this. I always loved the bike's style. Mine is sleek, I keep it shiny and it is my favorite color: black. I love the bike's curves and shape.

That's a great story :) I feel sorry for your friend tho, developing arthritic legs is a really sad and painful event... it's so sad he had to stop riding, but at least he got some cash from it so easily and you got a nice bike you liked for a very good price. For me that's a win-win situation ;) By the way, I also like black bikes :)

Trellum

I have two bikes now the ctx700 and my old R6. I didn't choose this bike, a friend of mine had one for sale and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. The bike runs great, it's comfortable and runs as good as it looks, I have nothing to complain about even if it was a bargain.

So, you are happy both with the looks and the performance of this bike, right? It looks like a lot people didn't pick this bike, some got is as a gift and others like you got it for a really good price. I might go to test ride a CTX700 next week :)

Trellum

Well I was gravitated by the look of it I guess. It looks sleek and fits my style.

So, you end up buying it only because it looks good? which color did you get? I'm going to test ride one next week, but to be honest I might go for a bolt instead. I still want to test ride a CTX700, just to check how it feels like to ride one of those bikes and who knows... if the guy gives me the right price... I might actually go for it and do it!

Trellum

It just stood out for me in the showroom for me I guess.

So you bought it in the end or not? I'm going to test ride one next week, I really like the look of the black CTX700, but I'm also playing with the idea of buying a bolt. I must admit the style and design of the CTX700 seems more appropiate for someone like me.

andrew172

It was my first bike and as most of you know if you own it, it's really a bike that is aimed at beginners to the biker community for a variety of factors. But I also couldn't resist the sleek modern design of the bike, looked at a quite a few bikes and this was the only one that I really just couldn't take my eyes off.

Trellum

Awesome :) I actually feel really attracted to this bike because I happen to be a beginner rider :) I often drive my cousin's bolt, but I'm currently saving to buy my own bike, it could be this one or the bolt. Did you buy a new or used one? I'm thinking of buying an used one, but I might have to wait a little bit before that :)

Oivas

Trellum,

The single most defining thing is the looks according to me and the second best part is the reliability of a Honda product. I have to apologize though, since I do not own a Honda CTX yet, much like yourself.

andrew172

Trellum,

The single most defining thing is the looks according to me and the second best part is the reliability of a Honda product. I have to apologize though, since I do not own a Honda CTX yet, much like yourself.

Well if looks were you're biggest reason for buying it, then that's totally okay. I mean Honda has made the CTX look as pretty as it does for a vary good reason!

firelily99

A friend of mine thought it would be a good bike to start out with and after doing some research I went with it. I like the basic black but my next bike will have custom color which I am still deciding on which color.

dieselfit

It's popularity and looks certainly can't be denied. When people see this bike they really want to stare at it. For that, I think most of us get this bike for social status just like how we would get a sports car or a car that is super fancy.

bala

If there are to be reasons for me choosing CTX 700 can be attributed to automatic transmission,of which i have been crazy about.The power band from HONDA and its fuel efficiency are quite renowned making it one of the most desirable bikes.Add to it its integrated storage which is very important for we indians..:p
Overall one of my most loveable bikes.

firelily99

I'm new to biking and I am checking out different machines before I buy. This is a good site to learn what I need to know.

skully93

for me it was a combo of Honda reliability, good mpg, nice style, and ease of use. Very practical vehicle, yet fun to ride. I don't need to get to 90mph in 4 seconds, and I like getting 70mpg.