How old were you when you started riding a bike?

Trellum

Hi guys! I was wondering how old you were when you started riding a bike. My cousin was just 18 years old when he rode his first bike, I was 26 years old when I first rode mine! Actually the first bike I rode was my cousin's bolt, before that I wasn't even interested in bikes, but after that my love for bikes was born. I'm really thinking of buying a bolt or a CTX700. I'm still thinking on which one I will buy, meanwhile I'm trying to save as much cash as possible to buy it. I might go for an used one.

So, how old were you when you rode your first bike?

willstat

I got my moped when I was 28. I got my motorcycle at 30. But I first rode on the back of a motorcycle when I was in my early 20's probably 21 when a friend from college bought a bike. It was thrilling and I always had it in the back of my mind that I would get my own bike at some point in the future.

Trellum

Wow, that sounds like an amazing story :) I felt the same way when I rode my first bike, I was on the bike and my cousin was giving me the ride of my life :) That kind of memories are really valuable, I'm sure I'll treasure this one for the rest of my life. Because it was in that moment when I knew I had to get my own bike. I guess I'll be getting my first bike at about the same age you did :)

sn1

I was about 20 when I first started riding. Ever since then I have been riding my motorcycle.

Chaos

I got my license at 19 and I bought my first bike at 22 it was a SH white 2001 Yamaha R1. Now that I think about it was a pretty stupid thing to do for a beginner, 130bhp for a 400 pounds bike for a newbie is a lot, I was lucky I escaped uninjured. I learned a lot during the 3 years I had that bike and in 2007 after a long break from motorcycling I bought a 2006 R6, it was love on first sight. I still ride the R6 every day.

hbmm

I have been riding on my dads bike with him from being tiny. he didn't take me out on the road when i was tiny, just around the drive. we had a big drive haha:)

Trellum

Awesome :) It must have been so interesting to have a bike rider as a dad ;) My dad doesn't even dare to touch cars since he had a really nasty accident that almost costed him his life before was even born.

margarito

I just started riding a bike when I was seven years old. Physically I used to be strong, hefty and tall compared with the children of same age. Due to this it was made easy for me to handle a bike in that age. Surprisingly, I didn't find any trouble in learning it those days. I became an expert in riding doubles and even triples by the time I was thirteen. It was really a great time those days with a bike and all my day was spent with the bike requesting my mom saying an iterative phrase "Mom, last round last round!" which is never actually the last one. :D

Trellum

Wow, really?? Your parents let you ride a bike when you were 7 years old?! That sounds kinda crazy! It's a miracle you didn't harm yourself, I don't think I'll ever allow my kid to do that :O But it's great you didn't harm yourself, are you still riding a bike or you quit?

Trellum

I got my license at 19 and I bought my first bike at 22 it was a SH white 2001 Yamaha R1. Now that I think about it was a pretty stupid thing to do for a beginner, 130bhp for a 400 pounds bike for a newbie is a lot, I was lucky I escaped uninjured. I learned a lot during the 3 years I had that bike and in 2007 after a long break from motorcycling I bought a 2006 R6, it was love on first sight. I still ride the R6 every day.

Woah, you are so right! You are so lucky you didn't hurt yourself, how did you manage to control that beast? Do you still have it or you sold it? It's awesome you still ride your R6 :) I want to get my own bike soon as well, the CTX700 is perfect for newbies such as myself ;) so I think I'll be fine :)

andrew172

I was 18 years old. I'd never even considered riding or getting a bike before, but after that I loved it! I then bought my own one a few years later.

Trellum

Same here, before getting on that bike I never even thought of owning or even riding one, but after that one time... my perception of bikes and riding them totally changed! I fell totally in love!!!! It's amazing you started riding bikes young :)

andrew172

Same here, before getting on that bike I never even thought of owning or even riding one, but after that one time... my perception of bikes and riding them totally changed! I fell totally in love!!!! It's amazing you started riding bikes young :)

Indeed, I loved that feeling of first riding a bike and everything changing when I did! I wish I could relive that experience.

bala

It was only until a year back that i got the feel of a bike-drive.It was a RE Thunderbird that made my day,a beast in itself and was poised to enhance the pleasure of leisure motorcycling.I was numb when it started off,words cant describe it.The 350 CC engine propelled me forward very smoothly and within minutes i was up and away at 60 miles/hr,had it not been for my friend's scream i would have manoeuvred it past limits.I now own a unicorn that ain't comparable with the first ride,but still that is all i can ride now.

Stallion

I started riding a bike when I was 17 although I didn't have a license. Never rode regularly though just enough to satisfy my urge, you can say, at that age. Most of my friends also started riding early and that's how I got influenced by them.

andrew172

I started riding a bike when I was 17 although I didn't have a license. Never rode regularly though just enough to satisfy my urge, you can say, at that age. Most of my friends also started riding early and that's how I got influenced by them.

If I may, how did you have a bike if you didn't have a license? Or did you borrow someone else's? :)

Trellum

If I may, how did you have a bike if you didn't have a license? Or did you borrow someone else's? :)

Hehehe!!! I was wondering the exact same thing! My country is a mess, but I think they don't allow young people to ride bikes without a license. I gotta like that. So many reckless riders and drivers out there.

Trellum

Really? I'm guessing you asked someone to lend you the bike, right? I must admit I started driving at a really early age, I started when I was just 15, my mom taught me how to drive just in case there was an emergency. So I'm in no place to judge anyone for driving/riding without a license ;)

Trellum

It was only until a year back that i got the feel of a bike-drive.It was a RE Thunderbird that made my day,a beast in itself and was poised to enhance the pleasure of leisure motorcycling.I was numb when it started off,words cant describe it.The 350 CC engine propelled me forward very smoothly and within minutes i was up and away at 60 miles/hr,had it not been for my friend's scream i would have manoeuvred it past limits.I now own a unicorn that ain't comparable with the first ride,but still that is all i can ride now.

You are so lucky!!!!! That bike is awesome!!!! I've never rode it, but I've heard it's an amazing bike!!! My cousin has a friend who owns one, so I can only say wow!!! So, how old are you anyway? You described your first riding experience well, but didn't tell us how old you were :)