for stock bags

Merlin III

They do look good, but I did the compatibility inquiry at the bottom of the page and it says they won't fit the ctx700D? What is up with that?

ofdave

They do look good, but I did the compatibility inquiry at the bottom of the page and it says they won't fit the ctx700D? What is up with that?

did not look at that
maybe something to do with how the bags mount?
can't imagine they wouldn't work
maybe study the pics closely and try to see where/how they mount

randy1149

I looked at the photos on ebay, Amazon and T-Rex specifically and can't find a reason why they won't fit. You really can't see what they're attached to under the fender. There's only 6 bolts displayed as the installation hardware. Here's a little piece of info from the T-Rex web site.

This purchase is for a set of luggage guards for the above bike model. The guards feature skid plates that can be inexpensively replace without purchasing a new set of steel guards. The steel tubing is bolted to the engine mount of the bike and the slider puck is bolted onto it. The steel tubing has two attachment points and braced together to prevent them from rotating in the event of a low side. We use highest grade commercially available 12.9(177,000 psi in tensile strength) wherever possible. Rest assured that you are getting the best material commercially available.

T-Rex Racing requires that this product to be installed by a certified professional technician.

I don't see how it could connect to the engine mount so far back on the bike. And there's no slider puck on these bars... what's that all about?

ofdave

interesting that a link to this product by jfc appeared on the other forum
I guess he does visit here to get some ideas- and then becomes an expert
oh well, glad I could save him having to search on his own

randy1149

I'm pretty sure they'll fit a D because close up on the photos the bike has no gear change lever and there's the electric motor that is used to change the gears on a D.

MJC

Super Moderator
My bars came, I opened a new thread for everyone to see how they mount to your bike. I do think these are the same ones that are used on the police version ctx.

ofdave

Good write up on the install.
Not sure I understand the need for two threads on the same topic but the shared info is good.