Join Today
Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks guys.
    ponydrvr, "...probably didn't hurt that I am 265 lbs +.." I hope not I am right there with ya.

burdicda, Your set up is close to how I would load up my bike. I even have the same set up, up front, Radio, GPS, etc.
    What kind of windshield is that, is there more angle (more straight up, away from the rider)? I was thinking about making something like that, where there is a metal part, then the windshield is mounted off of it, Is that how yours works? Maybe I could just buy the metal parts and make my own windshield? What do you think.

Thanks everyone for answering/posting, you all gave me one less thing to think about on my up coming trips!
    mj

Fwiw. I have a barrel bag that I have on the tail rack. I zip ties a 1/2" plywood board to the rack. The barrel sits on that. Made it long enough to support the entire bag. Don't even notice it's there in handling. Last summer I carried my duffel back there, that included 7 bottles of wine I'd gotten from visiting a few wineries. No difference in handling. Less than two up for sure.

3. Thanks Woodswoman thanked for this post
    Can someone help me? I just ordered a rear carrier and backrest for my Ctx700n. It said it came with all hardware to assemble and mount. Of course it didnít!! It didnít come with the spacers and bolts to mount to the inner supports. I emailed the company and havenít gotten an answer. Does anyone have any to sell or know where I can get them? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You need the Inner Support Part No. 08L72-MJF-A00. ProCaliber has it for $67.46 LINK
    Last edited by randy1149; 02-01-2018 at 02:02 PM.

6. Likes Woodswoman liked this post
    I have a Givi E450 Top Box I purchased from Revzilla for $175. It came with a universal mounting plate that fit perfectly on the OEM rear deck! I put a picture in my gallery area "Spirit 4"

JImmt H.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster326 View Post
    Can someone help me? I just ordered a rear carrier and backrest for my Ctx700n. It said it came with all hardware to assemble and mount. Of course it didnít!! It didnít come with the spacers and bolts to mount to the inner supports. I emailed the company and havenít gotten an answer. Does anyone have any to sell or know where I can get them? Thanks

The hardware comes with Honda OEM part # 08R71-MJF-A00ZP Backrest Bracket. Unfortunately they donít individually number the bolts and collars to order them separately. I would at least try the dealer and ask if you can get replacement installation hardware for part #08R71-MJF-A00ZP just to eliminate that as a option. If not the bolts should be easy to source. 8mm flange bolts are pretty common and the bike shop may be able to match them up or Google bolt and screw dealers in your area like Fastenal. The spacers are a different story. They are listed as Collar ( thick) 2 Collar (thin) 2 with no Collar ID so far as dimensions. It takes one tall one or thick in the front and short thin in back. This compensates for the downward slope of the frame and sets the rear carrier level. At 0.20 of the video you can see what the spacers and flange bolts look like. The A model with the grab handles does list part numbers for the collars used in that setup although they list the same part number for the front and back. I have a N model and have never seen what they look like but I would think they are at least the same diameter if not height. Maybe you could use those and add some height to them with washers to get the correct angle. Good luck I hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbPHlxMfZMs

http://powersports.honda.com/documen...-MJF-A00ZP.pdf
    CTX700ND DCT/ABS

I just installed the inner supports last week. I need the sleeves (spacers) and the bolts that mount the rear carrier and backrest to the inner supports. Do you know what size the bolts? Or where I should look for them and the little sleeves? Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Partzilla.com
    Glen
    2016 CTX DCT
    2015 PCX 150

Quote Originally Posted by pipster326 View Post
    I just installed the inner supports last week. I need the sleeves (spacers) and the bolts that mount the rear carrier and backrest to the inner supports. Do you know what size the bolts? Or where I should look for them and the little sleeves? Thanks guys

Go here to Honda accessories, LINK. Click on any of the accessories and a little window will pop us where you can down load the installation PDF file, they have all the information you are looking for.
    Last edited by randy1149; 02-03-2018 at 04:22 AM.

Thanks for the suggestions,guys.The company that I bought it from is trying to see if they can help,for not selling it with all the hardware needed to mount it. I went to Home Depot this morning and bought a few things,so I think I might be able to get it mounted.