This could be a good forum

ofdave

Too bad all the folks who stop by and visit here don't join and get involved.
That could make the place interesting.

randy1149

I don't understand why this forum hasn't taken any traction considering the mods on the "other" forum need to be removed.

Merlin III

I agree. Maybe we can get this one going? The last discussion on the other forum regarding the RULES and the demand for military style compliance finished it for me.

ofdave

You are right, Merlin.
That and the lies and mis-information from a couple mods.
Sad really as there is good info and knowledge to be shared-but often the comments (by one mod in particular) are made as gospel and not true at all
It bugs me but I like my ride and many folks there are good people so I hang out.
And since the chest beating, "my way or no way" -it seems the off topic and non-CTX posts have grown

Merlin III

That sums it up well Dave. We will never see the stats, but many people have left, some of which hang out on FB-CTX.

ofdave

So I am banned from the other place.
"You have been banned for the following reason:
Sewing disharmony buy chellenging 2 seperate mods on 3 seperate occasins.

Date the ban will be lifted: 03-18-2016, 10:00 PM"

"Due to your posts with 'jfc' we mods have decided to give you a 3 day suspension. We can tolerate people 'going back and forth' but when you challenge a mod we need to take action. We have said many times on the forum that we just can't allow members to challenge mods since it could cause others to do the same. So we will issue a 3 day suspension and then you are welcome back to join the forum.

Jeff R"

Challenging the mods - apparently they, and only they, can challenge anything?
Seems one does not like to be shown to post non-factual info. His feelings get hurt when you point out his BS
Wonder if either has spell check?
Banned by a moderator, not an administrator?

This place needs to catch on-many read (visitors from the other one I bet) but never post.
Would be nice to share info and know what you're getting is factual and based on firsthand experience.
I learn from experience-mine and others. A forum is for sharing those experiences.

Last edited:

ofdave

@Steven, good to hear you
excellent points you made
Those of us here know the CTX is/was a good choice for a wide variety of reasons and are happy to share them and expand on them.
I do my own service but would likely not change a clutch or mount my own tires- I enjoy hearing from those who do though. Sometimes technical support starts with letting people know that they can learn to work on their bikes. Other times an answer based on experience can deal with an awful lot of questions-we have that experience here.
Day to day experiences can be blah or exciting or in between. Sometimes a ride can be slow and uneventful except for what we see and smell on the ride. They don't all have to be peg scrapers.
We need to welcome each new member-I send them a PM welcoming them and urging them to jump in on a conversation or start a new one.
I think we can grow this place. No ego posting answers will help do that. I love motorcycles and really don't like misinformation being put out that could be detrimental to another rider's well being. When stating a fact, if a source for your data is shown, I (and most likely most) will be more likely to believe what is said. My issues elsewhere stemmed from knowing BS when I hear it and calling the poster out for it. And having my posts deleted in the process. I still can't believe a site administrator would allow that.
There is a lot of knowledge and experience here-if we share it with backup and the right attitude, members will be well served.

Merlin III

Everything that has been said so far is spot on. The other site is somewhat heavy handed at times. A lot of posters have left there and my hunch is it is at least partially based on the seemingly condescending attitudes of the administrators, at times. I have nicely asked on about three occasions exactly what the relationship of the moderators was with the owners of the site. That question was never answered.

As I discussed with Dave, there are other sites besides this one and the "old site". There is a CTX thread on ADVRIDER and Facebook. The Facebook site is fairly active and is much more international in membership.

Last edited:

randy1149

For what it's worth, a lot of the information and recommendations by the mods are out and out wrong. A current example is the "Stuck in 1st gear won't start" thread started by a DCT owner. Rebel13 made statements in regards to a DCT transmission in a discussion over shutting off the bike with the Kill Switch. Here's a few statements by the mod Rebel13... "That is because it is physicaly in neutral everytime you are at a stop". That is absolutely wrong. When you stop the transmission is in 1st with the clutch disengaged. Another one that he got pushed back by several member, "Sorry, but your mistaken again. That info you provided is only telling some info. I see where your getting it wrong. Your clips are showing the gears changed and then the clutch operated. That part is wrong, it is backwards. The clutch operates before the gears. This is another misinformation, "the clutch operates before the gears"? If the clutch gets operated and then a gear is changed there would be pieces of oil and metal all over the road.

If you read thru the thread with people disagreeing him he sticks to his guns telling them "you got it backward" "you got it wrong", "your mistaken", when in fact he was the one who got it wrong. Wrong information like this by these mods can be dangerous yet the Admin lets them run as loose cannons. Take what they say with a grain of salt but verify the things they say.

I did not or would not get into the fray because it would only end up banning me. I know because if you push them into a corner it becomes personal attacking and subsequently you get banned for "disrespecting a mod". The real disrespect is the way they treat the members. I've complained to the mods personally and to the Admin... they don't care. At the end of the day they put their ego and power above any accurate information.

randy1149

Steven, I agree there's no point in arguing with him. It's the fact that what are run of the mill questions and answers become an argument. Moderators should take the high ground as the representative and the "face" of the forum and not get into arguments and in many situations the mod is incorrect with fallacious statements. Rebel13 is bad but jfc77320 not only post junk they shout the guy who posted it is an idiot. I too could not believe Rebel with the gasoline cans tied to the back of this bike. And the unbelievable lack of brains to post it. He thinks he's fire proof. An 18 wheeler rear ends him and those poly gas cans will become Naplam bombs.

Merlin III

I think we all agree on the old site. In general, there should be a general rule written or assumed by all participants that information given in posts is only one's opinion and is meant to be only as "food for thought" for the reader to use in conjunction with other information and study on the subject.

I have thought about the old site dilemma a few times and see the problem as one attributable to Honda in part. They keep pushing this bike as a beginner's bike. I truly think the mods are acting like they are teachers and that the site members are all beginners. Rebel is knowledgeable most of the time, but when he is wrong, look out. IMO, they run the site like it is a military institution. Question authority (them), and their will be ramifications. LOL

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone. Welcome to the site. This site is independently run and is not owned by Vertical Scope a media company that buys up most established forums and opens many new ones to drive out existing forums. They own the other site. I actually started this one before they started the other one but I didn't have the same budget to spend on ads on google (They are a huge company).

Being independent we can make this site anything we want.. Let me know of add on's or features you would like to see. It you want to bring members here you could let them know on the other site. But the best way is with the good content posted here..

Cheers

Admin and the only moderator

randy1149

Admin, thanks for the welcome. I think most of us would like this forum to be THE place CTX700 owners can come to and be comfortable to participate without the underlining hesitation that is always there because of rude and disparaging replies. I think what most of us want is what the "other" forum is not. Considering the years of experience my fellow riders that have already registered here can become the goto guys new riders would come for help.

I'm going to go back to that "other" forum and PM all the members I can (before they ban me) to come by here and sign up. I'm sure PMing other members over there can help alot. Letting them know there's a better place.

Thanks again for the welcome.

ofdave

Admin, good to hear from you
did not know the site had a mod-my guess is you won't be busy pulling us apart as we don't believe in arguing
a few good guys/gals here now and more will be along, I'm sure
is there a way to receive email notice of a new post in a thread we've posted in? maybe I missed how to do that

randy1149

I PM'd a few members to come by and check this forum out as I said in my previous post... and predicted getting banned... and they did... again... that's 3 times... heh heh heh.

MJC

Super Moderator
Hi everyone. Welcome to the site. This site is independently run and is not owned by Vertical Scope a media company that buys up most established forums and opens many new ones to drive out existing forums. They own the other site. I actually started this one before they started the other one but I didn't have the same budget to spend on ads on google (They are a huge company).

Being independent we can make this site anything we want.. Let me know of add on's or features you would like to see. It you want to bring members here you could let them know on the other site. But the best way is with the good content posted here..

Cheers

Hello, I am new here and have some ideas, I will be contacting you. Thank you for starting this forum.

Novac18

Cheers

I agree,.. Good content. Isn't that why we go to a forum in the first place.

How about a "Like" button?

Aloha