saddlebags question

skully93

I'll post these in both forums:

SO I have the fairing DCT version. I know I want a rear carrier, and probably the saddlebags too.

My question is this:

do I have to have the other support brackets, or are they part of the fairing model? Even the dealer was vague, and I'm not sure I want to pay their prices!

Not getting the backrest as one will be on the topcase I'll use when riding 2up.

Thanks!

firelily99

A rear carrier would be nice as long as it doesn't overwhelm the look of the bike. I really don't want to ride around with a backpack strapped on so I am considering getting some saddle bags too. Do you know any good brands that I can check out?

JLC2014

Yes the internal supports and bags, and mounts are all required and add up to about $900. Go to Webike.com and save $136. for $232 I went with soft bags by TourMasteer Elite. J&P Cycles or such carry these. Wait a year or so and I'm sure others will come out with bag options , hard or soft to meet your needs. -JLC

MotoMachines

Hepco & Becker came out with some nice hard and soft luggage solutions recently. They make bolt on racks for easy fitment.

wallacem

I ordered a mounting bracket from a fellow rider in Texas, works great. If you want a set I can hook you up with him. They are $115 shipped. I first put on leather bags, did not like them, switched to the red ones, $135 shipped. Paint matched perfect. Much better. I also included a picture of the front bag I put on. Had a hard time finding a bag that would fit in the handlebars and work. A shaving travel bag, 10"x6"x4". Fits in the location, Zip tie it in place. Also got the GPS mounted and 12volt hookup on left side in black panel. Also put on fork protectors. Triumph fork protectors. Also 24" Cee Bailey windshield is great. Wallacem in Ga

Attachments

• IMG_1145.JPG
    IMG_1145.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 734
  • IMG_1148.JPG
    IMG_1148.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,507
  • IMG_1149.JPG
    IMG_1149.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,186
  • IMG_1172.JPG
    IMG_1172.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 634
  • IMG_1177.JPG
    IMG_1177.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 629
Last edited:

HARBOG

I ordered a mounting bracket from a fellow rider in Texas, works great. If you want a set I can hook you up with him. They are $115 shipped. I first put on leather bags, did not like them, switched to the red ones, $135 shipped. Paint matched perfect. Much better. I also included a picture of the front bag I put on. Had a hard time finding a bag that would fit in the handlebars and work. A shaving travel bag, 10"x6"x4". Fits in the location, Zip tie it in place. Also got the GPS mounted and 12volt hookup on left side in black panel. Also put on fork protectors. Triumph fork protectors. Also 24" Cee Bailey windshield is great. Wallacem in Ga

wallacem

I like the look of the red bags. Where were they purchased? Also the where was the 12 volt hookup purchased?

Thanks

wallacem

Mutazu Motorcycle Trunks. Go to this site: MUTAZU Motorcycle Trunks they are cheap to buy, $135 shipped and the color matches perfect. They also come in black. they make a slitely upgraded model for $235 shipped. I got the mounts shown from a member in texas for $115 shipped. You can reach him if you go on the other CTX700 forum named Honda ctx700 forum. The 12volt plug is a simple autozone piece wired direct to battery.

ediboy

Mutazu Motorcycle Trunks. Go to this site: MUTAZU Motorcycle Trunks they are cheap to buy, $135 shipped and the color matches perfect. They also come in black. they make a slitely upgraded model for $235 shipped. I got the mounts shown from a member in texas for $115 shipped. You can reach him if you go on the other CTX700 forum named Honda ctx700 forum. The 12volt plug is a simple autozone piece wired direct to battery.

Hi, Im from toronto canada. I'm interested to have that regarding bracket and saddle bags for CTX 700n. Can you give me the user name or where I can contact where you got your mounts for the saddle bags.thanks

ediboy

Mounts for CTX 700N saddle bags

Hi everyone,

Is there anyone knows where I can order mounts for CTX 700N saddle bags. Can you please help me to get the OEM. I asked Honda for the price but too expensive. I am from Toronto, Canada.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Marider

Mount contact

Love the look of these bags for my 2014 CTX700. Can you give me contact info for the mounts?

rickster

I too am using the brackets from JFC on the other forum and the Mutazu bags. The brackets are bomb proof, but while they are drilled to go onto the CTX, you have to drill holes to mount your specific bag on. I consider that an advantage since you can drill to fit anything you want on them. My bags are the LW series at 19" x 13" x 8. The GA series is a bit smaller, but may meet your needs. As Wallacem says, the bags are a dead on match for the CTX 2014 color. I have seen the 2017 red CTX and the color is not the same. It has more orange and is flecked. You can see how the LW bags look on my 2014 in a couple of places on this forum:

http://www.ctx700-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=570

http://www.ctx700-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=606

BTW, the red top box is a Bestem 2012. While the color is very close...close enough that nobody has ever noticed 'cept me...it is not an exact match.

Edit: With the brackets at $115 and the LW bags at $225 this, to me, is a no brainer. My LW bags have thousands of two up touring miles on them and over 25,000 miles of bouncing around the mountains where I live. The exterior finish is very durable, and while the walls of the bags have some flex, I've come to realize when cramming stuff into them that that is a plus. Mine were mounted with 3/8" bolts and I sandwiched the bags between 2" rubber and then metal washers on each bolt. There is no sign of cracking or fatigue at the mounting points after all of these miles. The hardware pieces on the bags are not heavy duty and the locks are only to keep honest people out. But everything is functional and I have enjoyed loading them up and heading out on the road. They look really good on the bike too!

Last edited: