N vs D

MJC

Super Moderator
I have a red dct, 2014 fairing model. I do not know if that is the D or N model. Anyway, I would like to know on the non-fairing model, when you turn the handlebars does the headlight move or stay in place like the fairing model I have?

Photos of the non fairing model would be great if you have them.

What I am doing? Trying to figure out if I was to remake/ make a new fairing, would it be better to start with the model I have or the non faring model.

I know many will not understand what I am doing. I want to take a HD bat-wing fairing and add/graft it to the front of the bike. This will give me a better windshield placement.

pipster326

I have a 2016 dct, non fairing model. I always thought that the N, stood for naked,or non fairing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pipster326

I’m pretty sure that the headlight moves, when the handlebars are turned. Hope the pictures help. If not, let me know and tomorrow or Friday, I’ll get you better ones.

Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJC

Super Moderator
Thanks, yes the headlight moves with the handlebars. So it would be better for me to start with a N non fairing bike.

Now I have to find one, Wanted CTX700 N DCT, stock. Then sell my bike after I remove all the mods to the N. Anyone want to trade?

MJC

Super Moderator
I am banned from Moroney's. I would not buy anything from them anyway.

I put down $1000 deposit for a Road King, using my business check. When the bike came they would not credit the (now cleared) check because I wanted the bike reg in my name. So they wanted me to take store credit for the $1000. Which I said OK put it on my new bike, but no the credit could only be used for something for business use. I had to pay cash for the new bike, and then took them to small claims court for my $1000 refund. They then took 6 months to send the refund check (made out to my business).

This was after, Bill (one of the owners) told me: "For every person I send him who buys a new bike he will credit me $500". I sent him over 15 people, who all get brand new bikes. So I should have 500 times 15, $7500. No When I picked up my bike he said "the limit is $5000". So I said, did you give the $500 to the people I sent in (over the limit) off the price of the bike they got? And he said "it does not work like that".

So with my check and him not keeping his word (never telling me about the limit), needless to say I was not a happy camper and the cops where called, and there was a lot of yelling.....

In the end, I told my story to all the people who I sent there, and they (and I) would never buy, use or send anyone to Moroney's. Been like this since 2002.