Happy Thanksgiving!

Woodswoman

Wishing my fellow CTX riders a happy Thanksgiving!

Several weeks ago, the weather here switched drastically from summer-like autumn to winter-like autumn. Our local ski area, Hunter Mountain, opened for business this week. It was a rousing 20 degrees when I got out of bed this morning. We've had several days when lake-effect bands of snow reached us, and the state DOT absolutely hosed the roads down with salt.

Needless to say, my riding season is over. <Sigh!>

Hope that's not the case for all of you folks. Who's still in the saddle?

ofdave

same back at you, Woodswoman!
I feel your pain. The weather here is turning colder too
lows in the mid-60's and highs in the mid-70's--back to 80 on Mon.
am looking hard at the hand warmer thingies that Steven got, winter is headed our way.

burdicda

Happy Thanksgiving to all you forum riders....

It is still mid 70s to mid 80s in Central Florida...raining sometimes..
but bikes everywhere on the roads...
I guess mother nature makes it up to us for having no mountains.....

MJC

Super Moderator
Happy Thanksgiving. The weather here was great, warm til mid November, last two weeks got cold fast. Put my bike away (back of garage) last week. No snow yet, so may get a ride in if we get a warm day. Once they drop the salt that opp will be over, no matter how warm it gets, til they clean the roads come spring.

Woodswoman

Happy Thanksgiving. The weather here was great, warm til mid November, last two weeks got cold fast. Put my bike away (back of garage) last week. No snow yet, so may get a ride in if we get a warm day. Once they drop the salt that opp will be over, no matter how warm it gets, til they clean the roads come spring.

It's often so different down in the Hudson Valley.

If you were to stop into the parking lot where I work, and you looked at the cars, you'd be able to identify mine easily.

It's the one with salt streaks all over it. Everyone else's cars are nice and clean.

Steven

My last car rusted out because of all the salt. My newer car hasn't had any problems because they improved the painting process. Both cars are the same brand and model. My last one was 16 years old and rusted, the newer one is now 18 years old and no rust.

rickster

My bike will get used all winter. If it's sunny outside, the winter highs, even in late December and January will normally top out in the mid-50's. I've got the clothing thing for that sorted out....mostly. My hands still get a little cool sometimes if I leave for an early winter ride when the temps are still in the low to mid 40's. But, cruising along looking at the snow capped Sierra in the distance on a nice cool day seems to be more comfortable than riding in the brutal 100 degree temps we get in the summer.