Winter storage

pipster326

Hey guys and girls. This will be my first winter,with the CTX. I will be storing it in my neighbors garage, not heated. I have it hooked up to the battery tender, and I will put fuel stabilizer in, also I will keep it on the center stand. Is there anything else I should do? I appreciate any recommendations or rituals, that anyone has. Thanks in advance

Rich

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ofdave

full tank
starting it and letting it run for 5-10-or even 20 min is more harmful than leaving it as stored on the battery tender. Don't listen if you are told that.
Cover with a sheet to keep the dust off-just be sure you don't trap moisture under the sheet.
Go over at least once a week and pat her on the fender and tell her you miss her.

pipster326

That’s ofdave, I plan on visiting more than once a week [emoji16]. I’m hoping that I still may get a ride or two in, but here in north Jersey, we went from the mid 70’s a week and a half ago, to 25 degrees yesterday morning. That’s too cold for me. I’ll keep my fingers crossed

Rich

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

randy1149

Cold starts are the major reason for wear and tear on engines. In storage all the oil has drained off the internal parts, and the colder it gets the worst it gets.

Stabilizer and battery tender are the must. I also put Chevron Techron in the gas with the stabilizer to keep the fuel system clean. Techron works.

pipster326

I have star tron, enzyme treatment. Anyone else use that? Is the Techron better? I’ll use whichever works best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ofdave

startron is ok.
Just be sure to run the bike after you put it in the gas to get it all through the fuel system