Trip to Colorado

Steven

I didn't see Dorthy, but I know where she is... The wind blew her up into Canada somewhere.

BTW, along the road I took very near where I was, they had had 5 tornados within the previous 48 hours. I didn't see any, but it seemed I was always riding into areas where it had just previously rained.

As for the wind, I'm looking into options that will slow the steering down a little. The trouble is that if I change one thing, other things change. Every bike I've had previously was very stable in a straight line, enough so that I could ride for miles without using my hands on the bars (not saying that is a good idea, only that I could) , the CTX not so much. I've thought of using a stabilizer, but no one makes one for the CTX. There are a couple of them that attach to the steering stem, but assuming it fits the stem, I would have to have brackets made to attach to the frame, maybe welded on. What's nice about those are that they can be easily adjusted for different conditions. Then there are the other kind that are attached to the fork assembly but then the adjustment knob would be inside the faring. Beyond a stabilizer I can extend the forks or lower the rear of the bike, but then that creates it's own problems.

I think a stabilizer is the best option because it will also improve riding down gravel roads where the gravel sometimes causes the bike to wander a bit.

I do like the fast steering when I'm in town. The CTX is very responsive to rider input which is why it's so easy to ride a lower speeds.