Moving front pegs for shorter rider

burdicda

10 minutes of uncontrollable belly laughing later...

I know what you mean...I picked a fight with a porsche in Destination Daytona...although it didn't last long...I felt a whole lot better..

casper

Just out of curiosity, randy, but do these interfere with you getting off the bike or putting your feet Dow at stops? I noticed when I put my boards on I had to make a conscious effort to get my feet from hitting them. If they're a bit lower and farther back I'd expect a bit more interference.

randy1149

Just out of curiosity, randy, but do these interfere with you getting off the bike or putting your feet Dow at stops? I noticed when I put my boards on I had to make a conscious effort to get my feet from hitting them. If they're a bit lower and farther back I'd expect a bit more interference.
I don't have a problem with interference, the floorboards are NOT farther back, they're farther forward. If you compare the 2 sets of photos I posted you'll see the 2nd set shows the floorboards lower and more forward toward the foot brake. They are mounted to the bike with the 2nd hole from the front of the boards, NOT the first hole like most riders.

I do not have to make any conscious adjustments getting on or off. As with anything we do, the motorcycle is the common denominater that we have to make the variable changes to make it fit to us. Remember, lowering the floorboards increases the trade off of scrapping. That is my only concern with the floorboards, I have to be conscience of my lean on turns. But it improves my riding comfort.

If you think you might have a problem with them buy from somebody who will take them back, like Amazon with Paypal and you should be fine.

Steven

It took me a while to get used to them. I wasn't sure I liked them but after I got used to them I can't go back.

burdicda

Spent the day riding with mine and as long as they don't flip up and scrape while flipped up ...I'm OK...kinda grow on ya...

casper

Thanks Randy. I'll stay with what I've got then. I don't need them lower, and I have the angle just fine with just enough space for the brake. Just like steven I wasn't sure if I was gonna like them. But they've grown on me. It's funny though. As I put my feet down on the ground, my inside ankle does touch them.