2015 CTX700 Manual/Faired
Shad brackets and top case
Viking Lamellar Leather-wrapped saddlebags with jfc's brackets
Custom-made flag holder
Bullet HD Motorcycle "Dash Camera"
Tall OEM windscreen
Target $7 cup holder!!!

DevilsFan

Steven...I actually bought those to replace the Leatherlykes on my VTX 1800. Then the Leatherlykes grew on me with that bike so I never used the Vikings. Then, when I got the CTX I set the Vikings on a cycle jack and lifted them up to where I would mount them, stared for 20 minutes, then decided they'd look pretty good on the CTX!

MJC

Super Moderator
Nice, bike and list of mods. Do you still have the corbin seat, what did you think about it? How is the Dash Camera?

ofdave

I like!
I'm thinking if it won't fit in the Shad case, you probably don't need to bring it along.
Don't let people tell you you're cheap for the cup holder-thrifty or frugal, never cheap!

(by the way, the US flag should be on the right rear)

Steven

I finally installed my Viking bags, now I have to lift my leg higher to get on the bike, but it's okay I need the exercise. I have noticed that they don't lock now, apparently the weight of the bags causes them to bow out just enough that the locking lever is not making contact. I believe I can fix that.

Devilsfan - I believe I mounted mine a little more forwards than you did, but the reason I did was to git it more support towards the back because I plan on carrying some gas cans there when I'm somewhere that it makes sense to have extra gas on hand. Here's a link to the gas cans I think I'm going to use. They fit in the sloped part of the bag. http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/reda-1-gallon-saddlebag-gas-can

I don't really notice the bags when I'm riding so that's good. One question, what do you use to condition the leather?

Last edited:

ofdave

@steven
don't know what he uses but I have used "Doc Bailey's Leather Black" for several years. As far back as my Road King Classic with leather covered hard bags similar to yours.
It's really good stuff and if your bags (boots, whatever) get bad, a couple applications makes a huge difference.
If you use it on a seat be sure to wipe it well or wear dark pants for a ride or two.
here's a link but some shops carry the stuff
https://www.leatherclear.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?template=2&page=dochome.htm

Steven

How's this for customer service...

I bought Viking bags just like DevilsFan has on his bike and I had a problem with the locks, so after explaining it to them and sending pictures, they are sending me new bags and not asking/wanting for the old ones back.

Can a company do any more than this, I think not. Kudos to them!

Woodswoman

How's this for customer service...

I bought Viking bags just like DevilsFan has on his bike and I had a problem with the locks, so after explaining it to them and sending pictures, they are sending me new bags and not asking/wanting for the old ones back.

Can a company do any more than this, I think not. Kudos to them!

Wow, that's great!

To be quite honest, I have heard many, many bad stories about Viking Bags' customer service. Maybe they are finally picking up their game!

popeyoni

Hey DevilsFan how did you get the Corbin seat to close with the Shad top box bracket installed?
I have the same seat and bracket and it's either/or. The bracket obstructs the seat.
Did you modify one of them?