Riding safe Video

troup1998

major rain storm in Orlando today. I mean major. I do not recall winds this strong. A newspaper box was flipped over in downtown Orlando, on the corner of Orange Ave and Livingston. I had to wait until about 7PM to leave work. Then I calmly rode in the slight rain with my gear on. The new bike handled it very well.

Merlin III

I never do group rides (anymore). As the video states, there are usually too many mis-matched riders with different skill sets Most of my most dangerous moments were riding with groups that insisted going way faster than posted speed limits which entailed unsafe passing which sucked in the rest of the group into making.

Steven

I've only done one group ride (not counting kicking around town with a group) and it's just as you said. Some want to go fast, some slow and it makes it less fun for everyone. The last time I rode with someone I felt I had to stay with them although he wasn't going much faster than me and when we got to some curves, he went faster than me but I wanted to drink in the scenery rather than test my cornering ability... Different strokes for different folks and all.

The thing I liked about the video is that he said he tries to keep apart from the rest of traffic and not go faster. That is how I ride/drive. I also think it's important to practice and practice some more.