I have a request.

randy1149

With all the humility I can muster I ask when posting PLEASE that you break up your post with paragraphs to make it SO MUCH EASIER to read and get the full impact on your very information that I want to understand.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Steven

Yep, when it get's too long it makes the whole topic a floccinaucinihilipilification of idea's. Also, to indulge in hippopotomonstrosesquipedalian tergiversation is not to show your erudition: rather, it is to be superficial.

Last edited:

Merlin III

Ah, come on, you guys are just a bunch of old geezers who can't keep a train of thought past 5 sentences. If you can't "power through" long paragraphs, how are you going to ride your bike through confusing urban roadway environments?

Just kidding of course. A good paragraph shouldn't have no more that 4-5 sentences. :)

MJC

Super Moderator
Now you tell me, OK will do.

What was I talking about? I forgot when I went to a new paragraph.
I kid you, that is because I am turning into a Big (old) kid.....

I do understand what you are saying and will try my best not to do it any more.

randy1149

mjc, I was NOT directing my request to any particular person. It can be seen all over the web. For me with a 13" screen and small lettering I'm scanning rather than reading in 20-30 lines of unbroken text and loose what the writer is saying... if that makes any sense.

Steven

Randy. I was just kidding with my last post (I don't have a clue of what I wrote), but those long paragraphs do make for hard reading sometimes.

randy1149

Randy. I was just kidding with my last post (I don't have a clue of what I wrote), but those long paragraphs do make for hard reading sometimes.

Steven, no problem I know you where kidding, and I understood everything you wrote. :confused:

Of course... I could be the only clown who has this "Too many lines in a paragraph-a-phobia" problem?

MJC

Super Moderator
mjc, I was NOT directing my request to any particular person. It can be seen all over the web. For me with a 13" screen and small lettering I'm scanning rather than reading in 20-30 lines of unbroken text and loose what the writer is saying... if that makes any sense.

I know, but when I write things I have a thing to keep running on.......it makes sense to me and although you are not pointing to any particular person, I admit I have done it and it is nice of you to say in a nice way and remind me no to...thanks. I look at it has help to make me a better person, and hopefully people would be able to understand me better.