Hopefully Future Owner and Pricing Questions

LongTaco15

Hi Everyone,

Recently sold my 2004 Buell Blast and have had my eye on a full fairing CTX700 DCT. I have sat on a few a dealers near by. Is $8,174 OTD a decent deal on a 2015 Ctx700 dct abs? I live in Lake County, IL. All fees are included.

Thanks in advance!

PS this forum looks alot more active than the other one!

Steven

Sounds about right. I bought mine (2014 model) last year for about $7k out the door from Lake Cycle Indiana, but it was used with just under 3k miles on it. It already had the carrier rack, a 55 liter Givi trunk, and the tall Honda windshield on it, but the warranty was just about up. I was lucky to find one close by. Today I have over 14k miles on it. I just love this thing.

LongTaco15

There aren't many used full fairing dct's in my area. I went to see one over the weekend off of craigslist, but it had no title, no mirrors/windshield and damage everywhere. Funny part was that the guy said it was never laid down. I guess I am just being impatient... the search continues!

MJC

Super Moderator
Hi Everyone,

Recently sold my 2004 Buell Blast and have had my eye on a full fairing CTX700 DCT. I have sat on a few a dealers near by. Is $8,174 OTD a decent deal on a 2015 Ctx700 dct abs? I live in Lake County, IL. All fees are included.

Thanks in advance!

PS this forum looks alot more active than the other one!

Price sounds fair. I got a 2014, CTX700 DCT, used May of 2016 for $5800 with 300 miles on it, and the guy had put on the Honda factory side bags, CB 24" windshield, rear rack and had a full two more years of warranty. I have added, top trunk, air deflectors, re-made the seat, drivers back-rest, floor-boards, welo horn, radio, speakers, and a few more things. I say this so you get the idea that getting the bike is the starting point, adding things to it and totaling up the cost of those add-ons will be the total cost. I would guess and say I have about $6800 into my bike, so you get the picture. Buying used will save you some cash and may get you some add on's you will not have to add at extra cost. Good luck to you and let us know how you make out. O and I now have about 6000 miles on this bike (in 3 months) and do love it. So you get a idea of used pricing if I where to sell me bike (with all the add on's) I would ask $6500 and most likely get maybe $5800 (on a good day). There are good used deals out there but be ready to drive, now is the best time to get a new left-over at dealers too, $1000 off is not unheard of.

burdicda

The going price (I bought a 2016 CTX700DG DCT ABS w/Fairing Blue/Gray) July 19 this year...was a little over 9K
The dealerships that have some have 2015's and 2014's that are brand new...not used and around March time frame
they where TOLD by honda to knock off $2000 because they were old new stock....So if you look around you could find a 2015
zero miles on it out the door for around 7k with that discount...just gotta keep lookin...

burdicda

Hey the factory in Japan just came back up to full speed after an earthquake cracked up their floors and their employees were released to go home to their destroyed lives/homes....22 Aug factory is back up...so not too far
from now 2017's and leftover 2016's start hitting dealerships...and they will jump through hoops to get rid of old new
stock...wink wink wink...

Last edited:

LongTaco15

Thanks everyone! I guess I am just impatient and want to get back on a bike. I will be on the lookout for new and used deals and report back with some pics once I buy something.