Thoughts

Steven

Nothing much going on except it looks like it's going to be in the 50's next week.

According to the sign on the fence, this is a dog...

Horse Dog (1 of 1).jpg

Steven

It's getting colder so just messing around. Here's a couple of photos - before and after some magic.

GRaveyard stone (1 of 1).jpgGRaveyard  (1 of 1).jpg

Steven

More pictures because it's too cold... This picture was taken during one of my rides and heavily modified... you can see the before and after.

DSC00250  small.jpgDSC00250 -2.1  Small.jpg

Steven

BTW, for anyone interested (I know many are not), one of the programs I used to modify the pictures is called Affinity Photo ($39) which is sorta like Photoshop. I've read that it does about 90% of what Photoshop does at a fraction of the cost. It was made to run on Apple computers and recently Windows computers. It's pretty amazing software for the money. There are lots and lots of video's online to show you how to use it too. Just FYI

Here is one more picture using that program taken last summer during one of my rides. I made a few tonal changes, blurred the background and water, and fixed the grass in the foreground which was pretty chewed up.

DSC00141 - 4  small.jpg

Just 2 more months to riding weather.

Last edited:

ofdave

good job on the grass
can you stop by and help me with my front lawn?

oh, by the way, don't have to wait to months for riding weather here, it never stops

Steven

Dave I would cut your grass but the word out is that Florida is full and they won't let me in till some of the snowbirds leave. :)

ofdave

Dave I would cut your grass but the word out is that Florida is full and they won't let me in till some of the snowbirds leave. :)

good point
we have to wait until after Easter for things to calm down
traffic is unreal while they're here, but they do spend well

Steven

Okay, one last photo and I'm going to bed. I already posted this picture, but I changed it to a night sky for this iteration... I'm just practicing cause I don't know what I'm doing.... I really hope you folks don't mind. There's not much else going on here so it shouldn't be too much of an imposition.

Cabin 2  Sunset SMALL.jpg

Last edited:

MJC

Super Moderator
Steven, Funny thing, I printed that "home" out and told my wife I found our next house. She said "How come there is no window in the front?.....So I told her I would talk to the owner and maybe he could have one put in..lol

I have been trying to talk her into moving into a tiny home. She is not too big on the idea but has said if I find something bigger with some land, she would think about it.

With everything we have going on now, joking with her is my way of copying with things....So Mr. owner can you add a window? and become part of the joke?

BTW, I know I am odd and this may not make any cents. That is OK, just do not send anyone wearing a white coat...yet. lol.

Steven

Steven, Funny thing, I printed that "home" out and told my wife I found our next house. She said "How come there is no window in the front?.....So I told her I would talk to the owner and maybe he could have one put in..lol

I have been trying to talk her into moving into a tiny home. She is not too big on the idea but has said if I find something bigger with some land, she would think about it.

With everything we have going on now, joking with her is my way of copying with things....So Mr. owner can you add a window? and become part of the joke?

BTW, I know I am odd and this may not make any cents. That is OK, just do not send anyone wearing a white coat...yet. lol.

Okay, you got it... Here's your window... :p Have fun!

Cabin 2  Sunset SMALL with window.jpg

Steven

I don't know what to think, you folks are upgrading your bikes with toe shifters, planning meet and greets, and possibly gaining national fame in photo shoots. Me, I'm hibernating.

It was my friends birthday so I made a picture of her dog for her ( 20 x 30) for her fireplace mantel.

This is what I got... The sunset was from last years ride, the dog two years ago.

Charlie Sunset 2.jpg

Steven

So, while you Floridians and Georgians are out having a good time, I went for a ride today (in the lower 40's). I took this picture along the river, it's something to do. The picture was so grey and dreary that I had to jazz it up a bit.

River Trees 6  small.jpg

Steven

Where is everyone?

Anyway, I took this yesterday, it's just something to keep this site alive for now. Geese on a pond at sunrise

Dusks on the pond at sunrise 5  Small.jpg

Thumper

I check in almost daily Steven! I'm not a big poster unless I happen to get some videos or have a simple comment here and there. The weather has just been stellar in Central Florida so we have been riding when not working. I think if I lived up north, I would be posting all the time until summer arrived! BTW, great pictures you take! I enjoy seeing them!