Thoughts

MJC

Super Moderator
I am around...not doing much but today I opened my new singer up. Took it out of the box and got it set up. Tested out sewing (fake) leather and it worked fine. Maybe I will get to making a cover for my custom seat. Photos to come soon....

If I get crazy I may open up the new welder and start working on the bars...

Ok, later in the day I started feeling pain from I guess working on the sewing..so now time for pain killers and laying here and thinking about making a seat cover..........

goes without saying..never did open up the welder but I am thinking about it........pain sucks..

Steven

I'm glad to see everyone is above ground... MJC, sorry about your problems.

Here's a couple more pictures of my friends dogs as puppies. If you like dogs you should like these? The first one is Ben, the other one is Charlie, they are half brothers and about 4~6 months apart.

Ben in leaves work files  sharper  smaller.jpgcharlie-snow-9-1  RESIZED.jpg

BobWitte

I am around...not doing much but today I opened my new singer up. Took it out of the box and got it set up. Tested out sewing (fake) leather and it worked fine. Maybe I will get to making a cover for my custom seat. Photos to come soon....

If I get crazy I may open up the new welder and start working on the bars...

Ok, later in the day I started feeling pain from I guess working on the sewing..so now time for pain killers and laying here and thinking about making a seat cover..........

goes without saying..never did open up the welder but I am thinking about it........pain sucks..

Agreed, pain sucks! But maybe it will suck less if you "mask" it with the creative juices that can flow over it. That happens when you are going crazy as you focus on the engine bars project!
:D

MJC

Super Moderator
Steven, I am enjoying your photos, keep them coming. The home with the new front window was great. My wife was like, OK find that home on a few acres and lets go! So now we are looking for a small (up to 800 sq. ft) 2 bedroom home that looks like that one, on 1 acre, with a 50 by 50 (or bigger) out building (shed/garage)....We just have to decide where.

Here is a photo of the singer and my test material for the bike seat. Going to work on the seat pan and padding today.
DSCF4051.jpg

BobWitte, Yes I use the creative juices to "mask" the pain all the time. I go crazy, has I call it, starting as soon as I wake up. I am thinking projects all the time. I have always been this way, thinking 10 steps ahead, seeing how to do things in my head, etc. I think about the bike all the time, in fact without the bike and thinking about the bike projects I could only guess what the pain would be like.

It will be almost 2 years since I got hurt, I am just not used to taking meds and how they put a cap on the "going crazy". Guess my focus gets cloudy, the body just can not keep up with the mind. For me this is the hardest thing, I have always been a Can Do kind of person, one way or other it will get done...now it may take a little longer..LOL.

Steven

Steven, I am enjoying your photos, keep them coming. The home with the new front window was great. My wife was like, OK find that home on a few acres and lets go! So now we are looking for a small (up to 800 sq. ft) 2 bedroom home that looks like that one, on 1 acre, with a 50 by 50 (or bigger) out building (shed/garage)....We just have to decide where.

Okay, here's a place you might like... The out building needs a little work, but that's up to you. Don't forget the cabin has a loft and I did make the house a little bigger.

View attachment 572

Attachments

• New house  small 2  email.jpg
    New house small 2 email.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 94

Steven

Okay, I don't remember whether I showed you folks this. This is the Milkyway taken last summer, just north of where I live. The thing to remember is that I couldn't see it at all with my naked eye, never could - too much light pollution around here. This was during one of my bike rides. I was very surprised that it even came out. Compared to the farms you see at the bottom of the picture, it's huge!

DSC09734-1-2   improved 4  best  small.jpg

Last edited:

Steven

Whoohoo! It was in the 70's yesterday and went for a ride. Here's what the midwest looks like at this time of the year, yuck!

Bike in country  small.jpg

Steven

Whoohoo! It was in the 70's yesterday and went for a ride. Here's what the midwest looks like at this time of the year, yuck!

Bike in country  small.jpg

Here's a picture of a train Trestle that I also took yesterday. Actually it was 4 pictures stitched together ( 80 mega pixel photo). I was just trying to see if it worked. It's an amazing thing what camera's and software can do now a days. The only real advantage of doing this is that I can blow this up really big (if I want) of I can zoom in and still see plenty of detail.

Train tressel small.jpg

Steven

I thought you might enjoy this. It's a memorial at a local VFW a few miles out of town, I took the picture because I liked the helicopter and the rocket, but I didn't like the wires, poles and other stuff that was around it. I couldn't sleep so I tinkered with it, so it's a before and after. The doctored photo is a little larger than life, but that's okay, I think it looks good. I've come to understand that much of photography is illusion.

vfw start  small.jpg

VFW Best  better  small.jpg

Last edited:

Steven

I picked up a tent for camping on the road. It's an Eureka 3XT on sale for $90. For what it's worth, the MSRP was $210 and this model has been discontinued. It's a 3 person tent, but realistically 2 person. For me, it's a 1 person with room to move around a little. This is the only place I found that had the 3XT, but they have the 2XT for a good price. http://www.cspoutdoors.com/search.php?search_query=eureka+tent

Attachments

• Tent samll.jpg
    Tent samll.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

BobWitte

I thought you might enjoy this. It's a memorial at a local VFW a few miles out of town, I took the picture because I liked the helicopter and the rocket, but I didn't like the wires, poles and other stuff that was around it. I couldn't sleep so I tinkered with it, so it's a before and after. The doctored photo is a little larger than life, but that's okay, I think it looks good. I've come to understand that much of photography is illusion.

View attachment 582

View attachment 583

Nice work! I have a nice piece of software that does this kind of work very nicely. It is InPixio Photo Clip 7 Pro.

Steven

Affinity Photo has a somewhat similar capability except it occasionally does have a hard time if there isn't a clear distinction between objects, but that is understandable. I did have to use various erase tools to get portions of it removed. No doubt you've been there and done that. In any case, it's nice to be able to do that. The more I learn about photography the more I realize what I don't know. I am totally amazed at what a real photographer can do. Those people are amazing, I had no idea how skilled they were.

Steven

Just fooling around with this one. I shined a light on this tree which is why it's white, maybe I'll try the flash next time. The orange cast is from lights from a nearby building. This was taken the same night I took the photo of the bike in the parking lot.

tree in woods  small.jpg

Steven

I had the faring apart to change the air filter and do a valve adjustment. I did install some Ricor Intiminator's in the forks to soften the front end on harsh bumps. On harsh bumps the front would just lock up and bounce over them. They worked a little but not enough to justify their price, so I took the forks apart and drilled holes in the fork pistons to allow more oil to flow through them. I haven't had the front bounce even once since, plus it rides nicer. They were well worth the money to me now.

Thumper

I've read some posts on other forums about the Intimidator's with mixed reviews (like anything), mostly favorable. Sounds like you came up with a better solution to your problem and that's great! My wife rides the CTX and she is pretty much a light weight and hasn't complained. However, riding next to her it appears to be a little soft. I am no suspension guru, but I was thinking of changing out the springs, or I might try some thicker oil first. Right now, I am just too busy to tear it down, so maybe a few more months. I did change her totally ruined rear shock with a almost new OEM and she is almost at 70k miles, so I know it's time for another fork oil change.
Thanks for the posts here and keep it safe!