Merry Christmas!! Happy Hanukkah!!

BobWitte

Both myself and my wife of 49 years are former USAF officers. That means our service was back to the Viet Nam era. In fact, during our first year of marriage I was in combat (I had 1025 combat hours in 100 missions in an EC-121R flying out of Korat Thailand).

I spent our first Christmas in 1968 in Thailand (I did get to see Bob Hope and Ann Margaret on their Christmas tour!), so I was particularly moved by the following narrative that I came across on YouTube several years ago.

It is a message I think is worth passing on again, especially this year with so many of our warriors serving their 3rd, 4th or more tours combating evil. So, this is our "Christmas Card" to you and yours.......

https://www.youtube.com/v/8D-OL-KQOt4

Again, Merry Christmas!! Happy Hanukkah!! And Peace on earth to men of good will!!

burdicda

I was in theater Nov 72.....with a Mobile Comm Group known as the 1st Mob..."First In Last Out" they had a picture of a fully blown out comm jeep coming down the ramp or an aircraft probably in the 50s with the French and another one going back up the ramp in Feb 73 when they were hanging on to the rails of that helo leaving the embassy...

ponydrvr

USAF 1968/72, Udornthani, Thailand 1969/70. Loved Thailand. Not so much for Laos and Cambodia. In 1970/72 I was a lab rat at Nellis AFB on F111 redesign/update trials.