New in Pennsylania

PA Dave

So I'm awake in the middle of the night doing internet searches for anything related to the CTX700 and I stumble across this site. After looking through a few threads I decided that people seem civilized here so I signed up this morning. About 4+ years ago my kids finished college and I headed off to the local dealer to look at motorcycles again after 25 odd years without. I found a nice '03 Shadow Spirit 750 and rode that for 4 years until the local Honda dealer had a great deal on a '14 CTX700 with 3K miles on it. It was hard to part with the old Shadow, but the CTX is so smooth. I love this bike. I have the manual transmission, the tall windscreen, and a passenger backrest. I've added a Bead Rider seat cover and an MRA Sport windscreen extension so far.

I look forward to getting to know people around here.

ofdave

Welcome aboard!
sounds like you are on the way.
I have the MRA x screen also, a great addition.
So with winter on the horizon, will you be parking the bike or are you one of those who rides in all weather.
Winter here in Fl is tough, I will be forced to ride in the mid-60's tomorrow and most of the winter I'll have to deal with the high 60's and low 70's. It's definitely tough riding but somebody's got to do it.

PA Dave

So with winter on the horizon, will you be parking the bike or are you one of those who rides in all weather.
Winter here in Fl is tough, I will be forced to ride in the mid-60's tomorrow and most of the winter I'll have to deal with the high 60's and low 70's. It's definitely tough riding but somebody's got to do it.
My idea of winterizing is splashing a little Sta-Bil in the tank and putting the battery tender on. I'll ride any day in the winter that is above freezing with roads clear of ice, snow and salt. I am envious of 60 to 70 degree weather. My ideal temp for riding is about 65 degrees. This will be my first winter with the CTX though. That fairing and taller windscreen will be a nice thing to have.

randy1149

My idea of winterizing is splashing a little Sta-Bil in the tank and putting the battery tender on. I'll ride any day in the winter that is above freezing with roads clear of ice, snow and salt. I am envious of 60 to 70 degree weather. My ideal temp for riding is about 65 degrees. This will be my first winter with the CTX though. That fairing and taller windscreen will be a nice thing to have.

You might want to search around the Technical and Modifications there's postings to install heated grips and connecting 12 Volt aux. for heated clothes. I ride all year also, heated grips and jacket keeps me toasty warm. I have heated gloves also but I like the grips because they are ALWAYS there and come in handy to keep the chill off when a little cools.

burdicda

Welcome to the best forum
Good to see you here...
If there is anything you want to do to your bike and we don't have someone that has already done that...well that we would all like to see ....hahaha

PA Dave

Thanks for the welcome, all. I have to say as much as I enjoyed my Shadow, the difference is huge. This thing just seems to lean into a curve with no effort at all, the six speed is smooth as glass, and I love the quiet motor. I've never been a big fan of loud. I also admit, I kind of like that no one seems to know what it is. I can't wait to start adding a few things to her. First I plan on adding the rear rack, then a pair of soft bags. I've already found a wealth of information in the past postings here, and I'm particularly liking the Closet Rack bag support. While most of my riding is daily commute, I like to pack up some camping gear and go for a weekend moto-flyfishing trip, and I plan to do occasional trips to places like the Blue Ridge Parkway or possibly the Moonshine Lunch Run.

Now if only I could learn to spell Pennsylvania correctly. :eek: