I'm the luckiest guy...

Steven

I went to the gas station about 2-3 miles from the house and I could not get the bike to start. It would click repeatedly but not start. So I started to push it home and I got about half a block in Lowes parking lot when this fellow with a trailer hooked to his pickup stopped and helped. We loaded the bike into the the trailer and then I found out that he rebuilds old cars for a living and that he had a person at his shop that was good with bikes. He took me to his shop and within a few minutes I was up and running again. Apparently, the positive lead to the battery was a little loose. I road home a happy camper.

How can anyone be so lucky????

ofdave

I hope you bought a lotto to continue the luck.
Now it is up to you to continue and do something similar for the next guy.
That's how it works

Steven

I try and help people whenever I can. It's nice when it comes back to me. It restores my faith in humanity.

Thumper

There are good people left in the world! Great story and glad you didn't have to push it all the way home. My wifes CTX just did the same thing about 2 months ago at a gas station. I checked the leads and other possible problems. My conclusion was the battery was just dead! Odd because I had just replaced this battery a month earlier. I rode my motorcycle home, grabbed my Meter and an extra battery just in case. It was the battery! Replacement battery in and Bike started, we made it home ok. I was not sure how to check the stater on the CTX so I took the suspect battery down to Honda shop to have it tested and they said it was a bad battery. They gave me a new one and it has been working well. I need to figure out the charging system on this bike in case it ever happens again, I can check it.