Working with "Working Lights"

burdicda

I just wired up running lights on mine today....pictures to follow as soon as I'm absolutely hands off finished.
I found a set of "working lights" on sale on Northern Tool normally $50, half off now at $25.

Ironton Mini LED Worklights — 2-Pk., 15 Watt, 1,050 Lumens, 10–30 Volt | LED Automotive Work Lights| Northern Tool + Equipment

15 Watts 1 Amp at 30V so at 12V they will be 6 Watts at 400 mA should last forever....

Not bad because I didn't have to order them...just walk right in and pick them up and install

Came with full stainless brackets, I used the sumitomo male I ordered to build a harness and connected it
and locked it to the heated grips aux connector behind the headlight. On the other end I used an SAE 2 pin
trailer connector like all battery tenders use, then run both the new working lights to a single SAE 2 pin and connect it all together. Will have it finished tomorrow and test drive in the dark tomorrow night.
Will be interesting..

ofdave

They look pretty darn good.
I'm sure they'll be bright too.
Have used similar "worklights" on bikes in the past. They have a wider spread which is great-light up the sides of the road very well. Plus, in the daytime there's no reason you wont be seen.
I like the low draw-a 5 amp fuse will handle both.
Can't wait to see where/how you mounted them.