Larger Fuel Tank

Shanghai Dan

Cruising around the beaches of Bali this week (yes, a bit of vacation down in the tropics - perfect time to be in Bali) and I found the ultimate answer to the size of your gas tank:

And who said drinking and driving don't mix!

Steven

All a person needs now is a long straw.

My solution is a couple of these: REDA gas can.jpg

These fit nicely into my saddle bags and holds about 1 gal each. Or have I mentioned these before, I don't remember. Oh I did, and someone asked how they fit in the saddle bags, I forgot to answer... They fit perfectly!

I was watching a video of a bike trip to Prudhoe Bay Alaska and there was one stretch that was 240 miles between services.

Not to change the subject, but I finally got around to installing some power ports in my top case (2 usb and 2 12volt). I had already run wires from my switched circuit from the fuse box so installation was fairly easy. Now I can charge things while they are safely locked in the case.

Last edited:

mtvic

Could you post a pic or clearly explain where the 2 wires at the fuse box are for the accessory switch? I want to tie a relay in to them so I can run my USB at full amps but have them turn off when ignition is off. The amp limit of the accessory switch won't "fast charge" my smartphone.

Thanks.

Steven

Could you post a pic or clearly explain where the 2 wires at the fuse box are for the accessory switch? I want to tie a relay in to them so I can run my USB at full amps but have them turn off when ignition is off. The amp limit of the accessory switch won't "fast charge" my smartphone.

Thanks.

I don't know where the wires are near the fuse block. It looks to me like they are under the fuse block. I used the switched wires on the right side of the bike. There is another switched circuit on the front of the bike for heated grips.

I also installed a 12 volt power outlet on the faring directly to the battery, it has it's own fuse (15 amp) and is always on. I figure that I wouldn't leave anything plugged into it when I was away from the bike.

The switched circuits are 7.5 amp.