Why did you pick the CTX700?

novasparker

Ok, so I am probably not qualified to answer this question since I haven't made up my mind yet, but the things I am looking at for this particular model which might convince me to buy it are:
Looks
performance
price

I own a Suzuki Boulevard, which is a larger, heavier cruising bike. Don't get me wrong, this is my baby. But I have been looking for something a little smaller and easier to maneuver around town. This bike fits the bill. It's light, nimble, looks good and is priced right for me to consider adding it to my garage.

margarito

I was attracted mainly by its appearance and the shades of colors in it. It also has damn good features which are always appreciable and worth its cost. Till today it didn't result me with any dissatisfaction of buying it.

Scottie

Because it a Honda! Need I say more? The bike is simply an amazing piece of art! I call it Art in motion! The reviews I read made up my mind for me, that is why I am going to buy this model.

firelily99

A couple of my friends had one so I went to the dealer and checked it out. I also read up on it and found that it was a good bike for a beginner and reasonably priced. I did buy a used one which I am very happy about.

JLC2014

I purchased mine due to poor handeling of my Harley XL 1200L. I got the dreaded white color because that's what was on the floor and with my Hi-Vis jacket thought everyone woul think I was the fuz and slow down. They did ! Truckers look in their mirrors, cars are more careful. It works. I get 71 to 124 mpg after 9 tanks. Average is over 85 mpg. Longest ride, 282 miles. So far added Tourmaster saddle bags and matching tail bag, made saddlebag stays from PVC pipe,going to PIAA super white bulb. Want to get Clearwater Darla 3 in driving lights. Boy these hand grips are small compared to the Harley. In the mountains this bike is solid, rides like a snake in the curves,sure and gives you confidence. My Harley felt like riding on marbles until I added Progressive suspension, then night and day difference. But this CTX is smooth as glass, steady, rides comfortable all day and great gas mileage ! The engine is 1/2 of a Honda FIT and should last forever. Low torque and just drop one or two gears and she;s good in the hills and curves. Happy riding-JLC

burdicda

I test rode it at the dealer and they were really friendly, I liked the low center of gravity...I also ride a Suzuki Intruder 1400 that looks like a chopper with a very low center of gravity. It is light, agile, super good gas mileage, I get happy faces from sport bike riders they think it's one of them....and it handles like one in "S" mode. I traded in an old goldwing and had a Harley Road King Classic...I'm sick and tired of pushing around an elephant to go to the corner store, I wanted something that rode like my Goldwing on the highway, rumbled when I wanted it to like the Harley, and super agile like a Honda Grom so when I see a trail, or alley zoom zoom I go...exploring and don't have to worry about hailing down 4 guys to help me tip it back up or pick it up off me...LOL

Steven

I completely understand what you're saying. For many people, large machines are like boats which take a lot of planning and a day of preparation to get them launched. A smaller bike is more like a bicycle where you can just hop on it and go anywhere you want except it's faster. Except for Fred Rompelberg who set a speed record on a bicycle of 167 mph. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5wmkXu_v2k

casper

For me it was the dct. I commute in heavy traffic and I didn't want to shift anymore for no reason. I had been all over the vfr 1200 dct. But the riding position was awful. Then I'd hoped the ntv would be brought in with a dct but they dropped it completely. Then I really liked the ctx1300, but no dct. Then I waited for 6he vfr 1200 x, but the price was too high. That got me thinking about the 700. I really didn't need anything more for what I do, I sat on one and really liked it. I just wanted a new experience after having rode the same bike for 8 years. Time for a change. This one has become my favorite bike.

Steven

Yep, the DCT, ergonomics, and the nimble handling was what caught my attention. A year later, I'm still thrilled with this bike.

popeyoni

It was the NC700X that caught my eye first, but that bike was too tall for me.
I use my bike for my daily commute so I spend a lot of time at stop lights.
The single foot or tippy toe stances would get old really quick and increase my risk of dropping the bike.

When I saw the CTX, with the same engine, same DCT, but a low seat height, I knew that was the one.
Two years in, I know I made the right decision.

BobWitte

After I decided to get another bike, the decision was rather easy. Of the final candidates, the CTX had the looks, the reliability my wife wanted to see, that 6th gear I've wanted for years and finally, Yelvington Trikes already made a conversion kit for it. Sold!:)

Brad

Couple of things went into my decision:

1. I had sworn I would buy a DCT Honda if they ever came out with a cruiser or tourer, that I liked. I wanted to encourage Honda to build more DCT models.

2. I liked the looks and price of the CTX.

I had to sell a Burgman 650 Exec to buy the CTX but almost all the Suzuki dealers near me had gone out of business so it was sort of a flight to quality to switch to Honda.

Steven

At the time I bought my CTX I was actually in the market for the Burgman. I liked everything about the Burgman except for the seat, it always felt like I was perched on top of it rather than in/on it like the CTX.

Last edited:

randy1149

DCT and ease of handling with low center of gravity was the primary reason. Price was just an extra carrot.

Woodswoman

I had sworn I would buy a DCT Honda if they ever came out with a cruiser or tourer, that I liked. I wanted to encourage Honda to build more DCT models.

Me, too, Brad. I was so interested in the DN-01, but the price point was honestly too high. Then it it faded from view so quickly that I figured that there would not be a lot of aftermarket for it. When Honda released a DCT cruiser again, I said to myself, "I just have to try this."

burdicda

After owning all the really big bikes (weight-wise) I knew I was sick and tired of lugging around another monster...and the last smaller bike was a suzuki intruder vs800....plenty fast...could outrun my vs1400 for a block....could maneuver it like a bicycle...and I am a sucker for technology...test drove a DCT at AimExpo in Orlando Florida where all the manufacturers show off their "well you can't buy it yet" bikes...and they had a DCT on a dynamo free spinning wheel stand...so you could actually drive it with the rear wheel spinning on the show floor. Didn't really think too much about it...but when I saw one at the local dealership and it had zero miles on it and they offered me a test ride...and just turned me loose on it...after 10 miles I had to have one....Love it...

Brad

Me, too, Brad. I was so interested in the DN-01, but the price point was honestly too high. Then it it faded from view so quickly that I figured that there would not be a lot of aftermarket for it. When Honda released a DCT cruiser again, I said to myself, "I just have to try this."

Yeah, Woodswoman, that DN-01 got me all excited, but it was just too small for me and way too expensive. But that is what made me swear the oath.

troup1998

I drove a Linhai 300(275cc) scooter to work for the past 27 months. It did me well until lately when the temp gauge would get 3/4 to7/8ths HOT riding on I-4. I'd been looking for something more powerful but not big; Burgman was out. Drove a Piaggio BV350 scooter but it didn't feel right. It had the power and was a good relatively small size but it sat way too high. Then I saw (and learned about) the CTX700 DCT; sat on it and knew it was what I wanted. Nice 'smaller' size, DCT is a must, great mpg, plenty powerful enough for me, good look and the small storage(w/gas cap area) is good enough for my Note4 phone, wallet, sunglasses and parking garage pass. And it was only about $1000 more than a Piaggio scooter.

Bought it last Thurs, 9/8/16 and now have 72 miles on it. ...can't wait to go to work tomorrow:cool:

Last edited: