LHS Rear Brake Kit

RoMan16

...but I wanted one made of metal, plastic gave me concern...

You're right. There is no way of knowing if mounts are made from primary plastic or from recycled (most likely). By I ordered it anyway. Maybe I can use it on bicycle.

Novac18

You're right. There is no way of knowing if mounts are made from primary plastic or from recycled (most likely). By I ordered it anyway. Maybe I can use it on bicycle.

I think that one supposed to be plastic nylon, it is designed to be used outdoors so might be okay. I didn't check the specs but the bar might get close to the riser, i think it should clear. I'm more concerned about the shim, looks like just one slit cut but you can always make a second cut and you'll be fine getting it around the handel bar.

Sorry, i forgot you're a creative thinker, you'll know how to make it work! Either way, low cost experiment, nothing to lose! Best wishes!

Aloha

MJC

Super Moderator
I have been following a long on this and have a question. If I got this right you leave the foot brake, and add the left hand brake master. You can then use the foot brake has always and now have the left handlebar brake that you can use. What happens if you use both at the same time? Or can you use both at the same time? Just wondering, If I was to do this I think I would go all in with both, hand and foot brake.

randy1149

I have been following a long on this and have a question. If I got this right you leave the foot brake, and add the left hand brake master. You can then use the foot brake has always and now have the left handlebar brake that you can use. What happens if you use both at the same time? Or can you use both at the same time? Just wondering, If I was to do this I think I would go all in with both, hand and foot brake.

So... with an ABS system doubling the pressure to the rear wheel would just cause the ABS to kick in long before the system was designed for. But I would think this should not cause any additional problems controlling bike?

On a bike without ABS I think it's a different story. On emergency braking the rear wheel would lock up long before it should causing the bike to slide out of control.

What say yea folks?

Novac18

Mjc, you got it right. When you use the junction valve approach as I did, All the same function but with the added option of the hand brake. If you apply both, which ever one you actuate harder will do the braking.

For me, in doing this mod, it was important to me to still have a functioning foot brake pedal and parking brake that was still located on the left side handel bar.

Aloha

Last edited:

Novac18

So... with an ABS system doubling the pressure to the rear wheel would just cause the ABS to kick in long before the system was designed for. But I would think this should not cause any additional problems controlling bike?

On a bike without ABS I think it's a different story. On emergency braking the rear wheel would lock up long before it should causing the bike to slide out of control.

What say yea folks?

Hi randy,

With a junction valve setup, non abs will function the same as normal. But with the added lhs brake lever option

Abs will also function normally, the lhs brake master connects to the foot master cylinder resevoir. No addional pressures are created to the abs controller.

Aloha

Last edited:

randy1149

Hi randy,

With a junction valve setup, non abs will function the same as normal. But with the added lhs brake lever option

Abs will also function normally, the lhs brake master connects to the foot master cylinder resevoir. No addional pressures are created to the abs controller.

Aloha

Thanks for the reply. It's make sense a junction valve is necessary to prevent excessive brake pressure sent to the rear wheel.