Should i buy a ctx??

MJC

Super Moderator
Yep, everything changed after 1980. BTW, I had to look up what IDK meant... :)

Where did you look it up? My kids would text me and I would not reply until I called them and asked what the hell are they trying to say in their text massage...IDK, R, U, SSDD, me2, and more, Then TY which I told them does not count in my book, if I give you something and you say TY (thank you) in a text that is the same has me texting a photo of the gift....after that I got a thank you call..still not the same has a thank you card but i do not think they know what that is. And God help them if they need a stamp, One of them asked me where to buy stamps?

Buddyrider

I so enjoy this forum, I own a total of four bikes now and just purchased the CTX700DCT , 2014 model with 1100 miles on it. this makes my 50th bike since 1978. I started out with a Honda CB 450, 72' model, and worked my way through KZ1000's, shadow's, Magna's, Sportsters, large HD's and a few others, from CX650, one 1100 wing, KLR 650, DR350, Vulcan Drifter and many others. I have to say, that the CTX really hits a home run. I grew weary of the HD electra glide, shaking to the point that tylanol or motrin would not stop the joint pain. I really thought I would take a lot of "ribbing" from all my old biker friends about the "auto" and the drop in "CC's". but actually they all seem to be a little envious at the ease of riding, and moving this great bike. Already put a 1000 miles on in one week. Thanks to all who helped make the jump. ride safe.

burdicda

I'm leaving tomorrow morning on my 2016 CTX DCT for Washington DC and spend 4 days then ride down the Blue Ridge Parkway from Roanoke to Boone to Cherokee to Blue Ridge Georgia and then back home to Melbourne Florida...

Bucket List item # 1

Woodswoman

I'm leaving tomorrow morning on my 2016 CTX DCT for Washington DC and spend 4 days then ride down the Blue Ridge Parkway from Roanoke to Boone to Cherokee to Blue Ridge Georgia and then back home to Melbourne Florida...

Bucket List item # 1

Hot dog! Have a *wonderful* trip. :D

Steven

I got to thinking about how everyone remembers the first time they started riding and I think I have everyone beat. My mom was pregnant with me and my dad had taken her for a ride (on a Harley), an hour after he dropped her off, I was born. She said I was coming out as she walked up the steps to the hospital, (probably due to all the shaking and bouncing of the bike).

Anyway, I waited 17 more years before riding again. It's an odd story, but true.

burdicda

It was an awesome trip...
Just got back today around 4pm
Rode from Waldorf MD down to Roanoke
Then down the 2nd leg of BRP from Roanoke to Boone
Then down the 3rd leg of BRP down to Cherokee
Then down to Macon
Then across 16 to Savannah
Then down 95 to Brunswick and on down to Daytona Biketoberfest
and finally down to Melbourne and home...

I think over 900 miles....
In Boone got ice on seat before starting out...
It was 34 degrees on take off on BRP
I avg'd about 85 mph from Macon down to Daytona....little devil can haul when she wants to...