new goldwing?

Steven

I think many GW riders would love that. I also see that they're talking abut a hybrid engine. I sometimes think that a GW trike pulling a trailer/camper would be an ideal bike for long trips.

Off topic...

BTW, my CTX is still drawing praise for it's looks from people all the time, but I don't have to tell you people how nice the CTX looks.

Woodswoman - I thought I'd let you know my Russel Day Long seat has broken in and it's wonderful, I love it! Thanks for mentioning this. Not only does it provide more support, it adds extra cushion when going over bumps.

Last night I was talking to a Harley rider that just got back from a trip and he asked me about the seat. Apparently, his bike was very uncomfortable/painful. I told him that the RDL seat was good enough that I didn't think about my butt at all during the 500 mile trip I recently took. He was instead thinking a new/different bike was the solution, I don't agree, but it's his choice. The odd thing is that I told him that the Harley probably rode better the the CTX, but he didn't seem to think so. I don't know, but my Harley neighbor often spoke of how uncomfortable his bikes were at times. I always thought they looked like they were comfortable.

Anyway, cooler weather is on it's way for those that think it's too hot.

randy1149

The 2nd video on that autoblog is the Honda self balancing... this is no gimmick. Honda is solving the problem of people with short inseams and/or those that time has affected their equilibrium, like me. A GW with DCT and self balancing would open the door for a lot of riders who normally would not think of buying one.

I'd take anything claimed on that site with a grain of salt, since they clearly don't understand the difference between a hub center steering FFE (funny front end) and the suspended steering head (at least it looks that way from the photo) FFE that is shown. Norman Hossack's design, as used by BMW, has ball joints between the upright and the a-arms to handle both suspension and steering, this looks to be more like (the late) Ollie Hoyt McKagen's patent where a steering head is suspended from the ends of the a-arms and the upright pivots for steering in bearings in the steering head. Here's a link to Hoyt's patent which is actually more concerned with how he prevented bump steer as the suspension moved:

http://www.eurospares.com/graphics/chassis/McKagenUS4627632A.pdf

The PR photos don't show how the steering is done, whether with drag link(s) from a remote steering head or a telescopic shaft as used on the James Parker designed Yamaha GTS.

More details on Norman Hossack's design here:

http://www.eurospares.com/hossack.htm

cheers,
Michael

Shanghai Dan

Love my CTX - but as soon as the 2018 F6B is available, I plan to ride one and if it's as good as I think it is, I'm moving on up! DCT, 1.8L flat 6, bigger size - awesome cruiser!