First ride impressions... She doesn't swim..

Joebillybob86

Picked up '14 ctx700 dct in SW missouri yesterday. 232 miles ride home. First 60 miles were really good, using both sport mode, drive mode and manual shift. Very little feedback felt as dct up shifted, downshifted, and stopped. All was well until remnants of Irma hit north central Arkansas. 80 miles of riding up and down hilly twisty two lane roads averaging 40 mph. 7700 miles on the speedo, new shoes. ABS really helped, along with strategic downshifts.

I've ridden scooters for 10 years, from 149cc kymco, 250cc Honda reflex, 400cc burgman, and 600cc silverwing.

Ride is so different. My only adjustment was in using a foot brake. Felt weird not having a left lever.

Decided to keep the swing for my daily commute, ctx will be used for touring.

Joebillybob

Steven

I imagine it will take some getting used to considering your history. I set mine up as a touring rig, but it's still great in town.

Here is a picture... I've since added crash bars, highway pegs, and a x-creen.

Bike small.jpg

ofdave

welcome to the ctx world!
you will come to enjoy your CTX more with every ride.
snoop around here on the forum, lots of good info on what to add to suit your needs

randy1149

Welcome Joebillybob. You've picked the easiest motorcycle to ride and getting used to coming from scooters. The fun includes making the bike you as Steven posted... so check out all the mods the members have done. And if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Last edited:

Steven

BTW, I guess this spot is as good as any... I went on a 500 mile ride. and the bike was extremely comfortable. I think the floor boards, the Russel Day Long seat, and the highway pegs made it so. I was in Gelena territory, north west Illinois were it got very hilly. I found that Sports mode was the way to go in that terrain. I put a few miles on the Interstate too, 80 mph was also very easy going.