MRA clamp on screen...

BigO1987

Has anyone here used an MRA clamp on screen with a CB wind shield? Did it help? I am looking at lowering wind noise and turbulence to me head. The CB is not tall enough with my Corbin seat. I have a 23 inch screen. Just trying to improve my ride comfort. Thanks.

Steven

Yep, I use one (but not the clamp on model, I had to drill holes for mine) and it works very well. I'ts call the x-creen touring model. The position I have mine in seems to work best. I ran into another rider with the same screen and he had his in the same position, but his was clamp on. Notice how the screen is more vertical. When there are no side winds, the wind behind the shield is almost non existent. The down side is that I found that the cooling vents in the helmet weren't getting enough air to cool my head so I had to readjust it to get cooling. Most of the time I keep it just like in the picture.

Attachments

• IMG_6352.jpg
    IMG_6352.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

ofdave

I have a naked with an MRA windshield and x-screen.
It is narrower than the CB on the faired bikes but it is fantastic.
I get no, zip, zero, nada buffeting behind it. Can ride with the face shield up and it's calm. The angle isn't quite as vertical as Steven's.
Being a two-part complete shield it uses the bolt on x-screen.
I would think the clamp-on would do well also, but may sit a tad higher.
It won't be a difficult install-the x-screen comes with a template to tape to the windshield to get proper alignment for drilling the 4 holes.

BigO1987

Ok, my next mod. Is this the 10 inch or 15 inch length screen? Does it make the CB flex more at interstate speeds? Does it need to be reinforce with some foam backing, the CB? I worry about it placing more stress on the mounting bolts of the CB. I am looking to get the clip on mount. Thanks!!!!

Steven

What I have is the touring model (wider) and as long as the CB shield was installed correctly with rubber/foam between the CB shield and the bikes fairing, there is no flex at any speed. I've gone about 8k miles with the x-creen at speeds up to 85 mph and have not had any problems. If you don't brace the CB shield as I mentioned, it will flex terribly (at times), even without the x-creen.