Top speed Revealed

bala

Wow,i chanced to step by this video and was left aghast by the easiness in driving this bike.I watched it twice to tap out the top speed this bike is able to crank up.At the start he did accelerate quickly and at the 1:43 rd min i could see the cockpit speedo indicating 190 and as i streamed by the bike touched 195 at around 3:53rd min.See for yourself and be numb with it's easy peasy drive.i guess he throttled it all up,but i don't know the exact top speed specified by the company.

skully93

Say! 118mph ain't bad!

I don't have a need to go that fast, but being able to get out of the way of a speeding jerk at 80 is great.

bala

Say! 118mph ain't bad!

I don't have a need to go that fast, but being able to get out of the way of a speeding jerk at 80 is great.

118 mph man..and you are telling me it is OK and not bad...?? Agreed about your perspective,but guys out there are in dearth to clock that speed.I am not asking you to look at that in awe,but at least respect that "SPEED".:p :p

skully93

It was said in a sarcastic tone.

I went 110 (down a graded road and tucked) on my Aprillia 500, and that was plenty respectable! Mine's not broken in yet and there's no place I could test it without a big fear of a ticket, so I'll leave it to the pros :p

bala

I went 110 (down a graded road and tucked) on my Aprillia 500, and that was plenty respectable! Mine's not broken in yet and there's no place I could test it without a big fear of a ticket, so I'll leave it to the pros :p

Oops,Never Mind then.At first i was infuriated with you calling it that way.Good for you,how did you like it.? I never had the chance to crank 110 mph,how was that feeling when you saw the speedo,were you jittery or were you rearing to go more.?
Aprilia 500..!! (Envy coupled with awe..:p)

andrew172

Wow, that's pretty impressive! Not that I'll ever get to go that fast on these city roads- but it's still good to know that it's got a pretty impressive top speed!

skully93

Well the Scarabeo500ie is a twistngo scoot, but a very big one. Very good performer, though I have to say it is definitely an Italian bike. Nice looking and solid performer, but there wasn't a cheap part on it! My CTX is a bit more my style in conjunction with smaller scoots :p.

The 500ie was very stable at max speed. Tires were tall and narrow, but you never felt that. Not the best handling at walking speed.

It was tough. There was nothing mechanically wrong when they totaled it, just a lot of broken plastic no one wanted to replace :p.

I've had the CTX up to 90 (it's still breaking in), but without the windscreen I was feeling buffeted! The bike was solid though.