Brake flush

fergy

Did a brake flush yesterday (although the fluid still looked like new, it has been over two years). It would have been an easy job were it not for me trying to use the absolutely useless Harbor Freight hand bleeder pump that I picked up a couple of years ago. Who would think that it would not have the oomph to pull fluid from a motorcycle master cylinder. All it did was pull little air bubbles past the threads (even though I wrapped them in teflon tape), and manage to pop off, leak, etc. Finally, with it still attached, I just reached up and did it by pumping the lever. Worked great the old fashioned way! Did not even bother trying the rear with the pump. Don't waste your money on these pumps. I usually have had good luck with most HF stuff that I have purchased but this thing is bound for the trash. Just for kicks I tried it again today on my Miata clutch slave. Did not pull a drop even pumped up to capacity. I know it was holding the vacuum, but it just does not have enough suction power.