This could be a good forum

Steven

Just FYI, I made a little video of my bike (actually a series of photographs) and posted it here and on the other site. JFC removed my post because once the video began there was a little ad that popup up which is something that Youtube does on many of it's video's. I have no control over it. Anyway we had a conversation and I told him he was wrong for deleting my post, but he insists that he wasn't. Either way, it really discourages me from wanting to post there.

randy1149

... Either way, it really discourages me from wanting to post there.

Steven, first I fully understand where each one one of us post is an individual choice. I am not casting any criticism or judgement to any body here. What I'm writing is my choice why I don't not post there, triggered by the bulling tactics they still being used, tactics such as you encountered by jfc. It's that same reason why most all of us came here. IMHO going back there and fall back into the same old $hit is just asking for it all over again. Considering the circumstances you where CONTRIBUTING to their forum, it can be said jfc knows your here, he knows what's been happening but yet he flips you the bird with brazen impunity. The ONLY WAY jfc & Rebel will stop if we all stop... posting. Again, this is me.

Steven

Perhaps another solution is to contact motorcycle.com and suggest that they allow voting of the members to choose moderators. I do know that addressing the problem moderators directly is a waste of time.

Not trying to justify anything (I see no real need) but every time someone posts a link to another site, that usually is a link that leads to some sort of advertising, so in that sense is no different than what happened to me.

You know that what you said makes it even worse. I've think I've been a big contributor to that site (among many others) and that amounts to diddly squat to them. That's really sad. They're cutting off their nose to spite their face, so to speak.

randy1149

Please tell me what I said to make up worse?

At the long and the short of this, they have dug in their heals into the affect they are NOT going to change, period. Recent postings concerning members complaining or leaving have replied with shut up or leave... they do not care. It's obvious your long term contributions hasn't meant squat. At this junction I will not take retribution off the table by the mods to members who have jumped ship to this forum... a $hit list if you will.

Of course they're cutting off their nose to spite their face. The forums managers are letting them cut their nose off even though it is counter productive to the health of the forum. Go figure.

Personally I will not help them by contributing, it's a double standard I won't cross.

Last edited:

Steven

I worded that wrong. I hadn't thought of it from the view point (figuratively speaking) of getting slapped after helping out, it's sort of an insult to injury, but it's also true. Anyway, it's not important, I'm not in the habit of dwelling over things.

As for the members that were complaining that they were leaving, I don't necessarily agree with their reasons for wanting to, but I didn't much care for people telling them to not let the door hit them in the arse on their way out, but you're right, the mods said nothing when this happened.

Steven

I just wanted to show you guys this... I forwarded it to motorcycle.com.. He considers complaining about moderators deleting members posts "Anarchy" . There's something wrong with this, don't you think?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 53

randy1149

That's no surprise. The only thing they understand is loss of money by loss of members. Considering what we know about how it's run why would anybody want to post there? People who've gotten warned or kicked in the face still post there... then we deserve to let them $hit on us.

Now here's the real joke about this whole thing... THEY CAN'T BAN YOU! The banning threat is a paper tiger, they CAN'T ban YOU. They ban your name and the IRL you joined with, NOT YOU. Your IRL is usually the one assigned to you by your internet provider, like Fios, Optimum or Comcast. I've been banned 3 times already! I'll give you one way to rejoin right back in.
1. Pick a NEW name you want to join with.
2. At any email provider create a new email account with your new name.
3. Clear all the cache in your web browser.
4. Take your laptop to a place that has a free Wifi internet access.
5. When your have the free access rejoin ctx700forum.

This is only one way you can get back into ANY forum that banned you.

Last edited:

Steven

In the meantime I've written motorcycle.com and explained the situation to them. I want Rebel out of there. The man is a psychopath, I.e. "Anarchy"?

randy1149

Rebel13 is one of Stephen Hawking's "lowest common denominator" AND he proudly displays it.

Last edited:

Merlin III

What? Rebel ditched the Trump crap on his page? I'll bet management was behind that. It is pretty clear that he and the other mod are pissed royal! At first glance it looks like the other politicos have ditched the political stuff also.

Last edited:

ofdave

I can almost tolerate rebel.
JFC is the one I think hurts the site.
Although lately he has toned down his posts. I believe my comments to admin (and many others too) have gotten them to talk to those two.
More the half of his posts are pure BS. Many (most?) of what he says is untrue. Ask him to cite a source and you get excuses.
He posts hearsay as his own experience. He deletes posts (deleted some of mine and Steven's) when they prove him wrong.
And all the mods post too much. I've never seen a site (and I visit 4-5 a day) where the mods comment on almost every post.
jhc700 (or what ever) has ramped up his involvement and has become a junior jfc with BS rather than facts.
I find it interesting to see the butt kissing by some members. I received PMs and personal emails from a couple guys who bitched about rebel and jfc. Now they get all starry-eyed telling them how great they are and agreeing with their wrong statements. Couple of them came here for a few posts. I have no respect for those who are two faced.

casper

Personally I think this is already a good forum. Rather than this COULD be a good forum. I left that girl at the dance and I've had no reason to think about her much after that. She still says stuff that I just mostly ignore. No point in even listening to it because it's just her gums flapping. Occasionally though I give her credit for saying stuff that's enlightening so I just pick my way through her nonsense to find something of value.

Steven

I've seen Rebel posts things that weren't true and sometimes I correct him and he doesn't seem to have a problem with that. I've never been to a forum where peoples posts are being deleted all the time. There's no excuse for that. As for JFC, he has only deleted one of my post for the wrong reason and what's odd is that another member did the very same thing and it wasn't deleted. As for Rebel, he has threatened to banish me not because I broke any rules, but because I mentioned that my post had been deleted, I didn't even mention any names. It would be different if I could PM him and discuss the situation, but even that leads to threats from him. That is just wrong...

Casper, are you okay? Just kidding... I think I understand what you're saying... :)

Merlin III

The general gist of it is if you have to ask yourself whether or not your benign post might be deleted before you even post it, then the site isn't a welcoming site.

Steven

That's just it, you'ld think it was easy to follow the rules, but no matter how hard a person tries to do that, there isn't any warning. But you know what, I'm staying away from that site for a while unless motorcycle.com straightens out this situation, (if they do), I don't need the conflict and I don't really need that forum to have fun. We'll see. This forum needs more people, but it's a better forum. I am also spending time on advrider. That is also a good site and I really enjoy all the trips those folks are making. Frankly, after watching some of their rides, I think an adventure bike would be the way to go, the only problem is that I live in Illinois and there isn't anywhere to ride that kind of a bike.

If you like traveling, I've been watching a fellow do it on a 250cc Yamaha and his video's are very good. I'll post his latest trip, but he has a list of video's that are very well done. As a matter of fact, he was my inspiration for getting a video camera and I'm hoping to emulate some of his video abilities, I don't think I'll ever be as good at it as he is, but I'll give it my best during my next trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcumrNQjV30

Merlin III

That's just it, you'ld think it was easy to follow the rules, but no matter how hard a person tries to do that, there isn't any warning. But you know what, I'm staying away from that site for a while unless motorcycle.com straightens out this situation, (if they do), I don't need the conflict and I don't really need that forum to have fun. We'll see. This forum needs more people, but it's a better forum. I am also spending time on advrider. That is also a good site and I really enjoy all the trips those folks are making. Frankly, after watching some of their rides, I think an adventure bike would be the way to go, the only problem is that I live in Illinois and there isn't anywhere to ride that kind of a bike.

If you want to travel on some dirt, you have to have a rugged bike-no plastic. There are some Thumpers out there like the G650GS that have traveled around the world successfully. Another good site for adventure riding or just plain long trip touring is Horizons Unlimited. http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcumrNQjV30
If you want to travel on some dirt, you have to have a rugged bike-no plastic. There are some Thumpers out there like the G650GS that have traveled around the world successfully. Another good site for adventure riding or just plain long trip touring is Horizons Unlimited. http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/

Steven

Merlin I went to that site and the first thing I saw was "Quit my job - gone riding" That's too funny!

As for a dirt bike, as much as I would like to have one, it would sit in the garage unless I was on a trip. We have woods around here, but it's either private property, for hunting, or if a person can walk though it, they pave it. We have a state park about 10 miles from here and back in the 70's it would be full of people (perhaps thousands)Thursday through Sunday. The "officials" didn't care for that so they changed the rules and now it has sat almost entirely empty for the last 30 years or so. There were also areas that a person could ride a dirt bike and they shut those places down too, so I'll have to live vicariously through others.

Here's a picture of our "empty" State Park. This was earlier in the year, but it's the same in the summer.

IMG_5867 - Copy-1.jpg