Upgrade Bluethooth/MP3 Speaker.

randy1149

My last post on a Bluetooth speaker that was a 3 watts that works up to about 45 MPH. The one on this thread is a 16 watt and works to abut 65 MPH. It's all about the wind from your helmet, windscreen, and the amount of traffic flying by you at >70.

The speaker has 3 Modes, Bluetooth, MP3(SD card) and FM Radio. This speaker is a well built and has several features the other speaker didn't. For 1 it has a remote control you can wrap to your handle bar to control, Mode, Stations, Songs forward and backwards. The little bell on the remote is a loud Bell or Car Horn bleep. The audio level is not on the remote control but once you set it you can pretty much leave it alone. But if you have to it's on the unit. It has a 6000 mAH battery that's last 30 hours, and a USB charging port to charge any USB device like your phone. So your not giving up a USB port with this speaker. The FM is a little weak, so don't expect much.

Below pix of speaker unit and the remote control. It is nice in that everything is in one unit and an easy 20 minutes install. I used heavy duty tie wraps.

I bought it from Amazon here for $90, but they raised the price. Different colors than black are cheaper. Google "TRAKK ACTIV Bluetooth Bike Speaker" for other sellers. Below are pix of the install on my CTX.

Attachments

• IMG_0389.jpg
    IMG_0389.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0390.jpg
    IMG_0390.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

randy1149

The base is fine considering the size of the speakers. Overall the ease of installing a quality 3 mode MP3 player is extraordinary and is equal or better than installing a speaker system in the fairing. The FM radio quality is the only poor performer, it also lacks an FM station display. Read the reviews on Amazon for what people thing of the unit. It's original use is for bicycles but also works well on a motorcycle. I don't know how it would perform on a straight pipe Harley, but it works well on a stock CTX700.