Who rode today?

Woodswoman

For me, it's still the condition of my driveway (600 feet of muddy gravel) and the village street down to the state highway (patches of sand so thick that my car skids on them) making riding today a really bad idea. I took the car out to run some errands, though, and there were riders out *everywhere*. Presumably folks who have better driveways and a more attentive highway departments.

<Sigh!> The prediction here is for light snow tonight.

So, soooo hard to remain patient.

fergy

Almost got out yesterday, but the temp did not hit 50+ till the late afternoon and didn't have time then. Today of course we woke up to 4-5 inches of April snow!

Saxman

Amen on the white rain. I have officially proclaimed Mid Mo to be Crapville Central USA. Going to have to cover up the CTX and put a down payment on a snowmobile. Is there a doctor in the house? I got cabin fever.

Woodswoman

We got 4 fresh inches of the white crap on Friday, when only a dusting had been predicted.

Of course, the highway departments salted the roads again, and my driveway, which had been drying out a little, is back to being a mud patch.

<Sighhhhh> Long, long darned winter, this one.

kujawskir

Amen on the white rain. I have officially proclaimed Mid Mo to be Crapville Central USA. Going to have to cover up the CTX and put a down payment on a snowmobile. Is there a doctor in the house? I got cabin fever.

I'm not a doctor, I don't play one on TV, and I didn't sleep at Holiday Inn.
As just another patient in the same ward, I've been having good success with small doses of an extra scarf or balaclava followed by throttle reducers at salt patches and lines of cinders left behind by street cleaners.

Sadly, "she" won't go with me under 50° so most of my therapy has been to work and back, or across town to bring back supper or store supplies.

DesPeresMark

We've had an afwul spring here in St Louis. I judge winters and spring by how much golf I can play and how much riding I get in and both have been severely lacking.

fergy

I sure did today! 70 degrees and I was sweating in my lined jacket, but did not care. The roads through Harriman State Park were all open and I rode most of them!

casper

FINALLY!!! Last week we got another 10". Unbelievable. Stuck in the 30s until Thursday. Snow melt in full swing. Upper 50s. So, out she came from hibernation today!! Just a very short ride, but the season has finally begun! 65 on Monday, so my commute commences. Finally. Been a tough one for sure!

12MANY

To give you an idea on how the weather has been in Florida I was harvesting 5lb heads of cabbage and broccoli in February and now have sweet banana, bell peppers and tomatoes ripening on the vine today. I make earth boxes out of 50 gal plastic drums due to you cant grow anything in the sandy soil near the beach. My winter is coming in the middle of summer with 95 degree temp, 80% humidity , and 60% chance of rain every single day!!!!
IMAG1734.jpg
IMAG1749.jpgIMAG1750.jpg

Steven

To give you an idea on how the weather has been in Florida I was harvesting 5lb heads of cabbage and broccoli in February and now have sweet banana, bell peppers and tomatoes ripening on the vine today. I make earth boxes out of 50 gal plastic drums due to you cant grow anything in the sandy soil near the beach. My winter is coming in the middle of summer with 95 degree temp, 80% humidity , and 60% chance of rain every single day!!!!

Impressive plants! ;)

12MANY

I work afternoon shift and came home one night around 11:00 pm and a St Pete police car was sitting in front of my drive way. When I motioned him out of the way and parked in my driveway he said they were training their dogs and if I minded if they hid a toy in my boat on the side of the house to see if he could find it. So as not to get into a confrontation with him I said no problem and immediately went into the house looked out he back window and saw a cop with a flashlight inspecting my plants. They were illegally searching my property with out a warrant under the guise of training their dogs. For those who will give up their rights for safety from the Government good luck with that.I cant help but wonder what would have happened if I had taken the day off and hearing a noise in my back yard stepped out the back door with my S&W M&P 15 and confronted the officer on my property in my garden for no reason.

Last edited:

Steven

Yep, and you would think that cops first duty would be to uphold the Constitution of the nation. I've seen similar things here where I live. It's illegal and gives cops a bad reputation.

MJC

Super Moderator
Great to see people getting out and riding! Tuesday I start my trip to upstate NY, out west/north, then hit the Catskills on the way home to the Mid Hudson Valley. Only 3 days but some nice roads to ride are in my planed road route.
mj

BTW, I will be without internet so if people try selling phones, (LOL) it will have to wait til I get back, or maybe the Admin will take care of it............Just NO ONE buy anything!!!!!!! lol.

I got a short ride today....long enough to stop and buy a red poppy...Remember the fallen soldiers...

Attachments

• Ready to ride.jpg
    Ready to ride.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 67