Accepting applications for Moderator Positions

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello everyone. We are starting to grow and being the only Admin/Mod on the site on top of keeping everything running is too much for one person.

So, if you are interested in helping out reply to this thread explaining why you would be a good choice and if you have had previous moderator experience post the site you were / are a moderator on.

I will keep the thread open for 5 or so days and then I will take all the names and we will have the membership vote on who becomes the mod.

I think 3 moderators for now should do until we grow more. So the members with the top 4 most votes will get the position.

The moderators job will be to ensure the membership follows the site rules posted here.............. http://www.ctx700-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=744

Cheers!

Glen e

Admin- perhaps you could elaborate on what you expect of a moderator.....just to delete spam?

If it is just that, I’ll do that.

I own a forum website with 10,000 members, and have been a mod at a major car site. Please pm me if interested.

MJC

Super Moderator
I think it is more then to delete spam.

The moderators job will be to ensure the membership follows the site rules. I copied this from the forum rules list:

Moderation Rules:

1. All spammers get banned instantly and permanently.
2. Inappropriate or out of hand threads shall be closed with a reason posted for the closure or deleted at the discretion of the Mods/Admins.

Rules Enforcement:

1. If you cannot follow the rules set forth, your posts may be deleted, removed, or edited by the Moderators.

2. If you repeatedly do not follow the rules set forth, you will be banned from this section or from the CTX700-Forum for any length of time from 2 days to permanently, at the discretion of the Moderators.

NOTE: These rules can change at any time. Administrators and Moderators have the right to make any decision that fits the website and its users.

Glen e

A note to another member suggests otherwise and the admin is just looking for a mod to delete spam. I clearly know what a mod does on other sites. This may be a diff deal per the admin.

MJC

Super Moderator
Sorry,

I should have let the admin post a reply, after reading what the admin posted and reading the rules I thought (assumed) it was more then just deleting spam.

My understanding was "The moderators job will be to ensure the membership follows the site rules..LINK"
And I copied the Moderation Rules: and Rules Enforcement: from that link.

again sorry I posted, guess I should not assume anything, whats that old saying ''when you assume you make a XXX ......." lol.

ofdave

so when will it be finalized?
I'm not a viable candidate, don't have a CTX anymore
Woodswoman would be an asset as would MJC and they would compliment Daddy Dave.
not my call, but three seems plenty

Steven

I think that the moderators from the "other" site would be a good example of characteristics not wanted in a moderator. I'm not so sure we even need moderators, I've yet to see any posts that offend or disrupt.

casper

I tend to lean with Steven for being a self moderating group. We'll all see it when or rather if, a thread gets out of line, or violates some other rule.

Glen e

You need a moderator for two instances, in my opinion. One , is to eliminate the spambots that are trying to sell you phones and will put it in every forum one early morning. And two, for the person that triple posted , wants his answer right away, so he posts in the general discussion area , then a post in the tire area, and then he posts in the tool area. Other than that, I agree this is a very docile site, hope it stays that way.

Last edited:

MJC

Super Moderator
My opinion is, I enjoyed this forum being a self moderating group. I do not think we need moderating of what are members say in their posts, for the most part everyone has been posting by the rules and we have not had any problems. But some posts have violated the rules (the spanners) and sometimes members post things that bend the rules (very rare) and other times members have posted things that unknowing or by mistake ended up in the wrong area or hijacked a tread (I have done this and many others have done it too) and for the most part we handled it yourselves. But now the Admin has asked for help.

So on that note, and from seeing I have been nominated,
I am interested in being on the list to be voted on by the members here.
I have some experience running web forums, meetup sites but my real reason is I just love this forum. And if the members can put up with my spelling (lol), I am glad to help.

What kind of Moderator would I be? Well for the most part, this forum will be self moderating. If a member reported something that violated the rules, like a spanner, I would jump in and fix it. But for the most part I would let treads/posts go the way they have been going, if something did go off track, I would not just edit members content, I would ask that member to fix it. Guess I would be like, I am here if you need me, but try (like we have been doing) working it out between yourselves first.

I always thought of this Forum like a group of friends, we have our opinions, we sure info, sometimes we may get a little off track but we work it out. As a Moderator I would not want to change that.

mj

randy1149

The forum got traction because of those 2 dumbo mods on the "other" forum. So a lot of us are "gun shy" when we here the word mod. If a mod has to be I ask to select them from people who know exactly the history of why this forum grew, people who made this forum what it is today... Woodswoman and MJC are my strong recommendation.

Woodswoman

The forum got traction because of those 2 dumbo mods on the "other" forum. So a lot of us are "gun shy" when we here the word mod. If a mod has to be I ask to select them from people who know exactly the history of why this forum grew, people who made this forum what it is today... Woodswoman and MJC are my strong recommendation.

That's gracious of you, Randy, and everyone who has brought up my name.

MJC will be a great help to the forum, I am sure. Good dude.

MJC

Super Moderator
Thank you for the kind words, but lets read the 1st post "if you are interested in helping out reply to this thread". We are not up to the voting yet. lol

So lets get more hands in the air for helping out...........The Admin wants 3.

I see hands...lol Can that be your hand?

Reminds me of work when I asked who wants to do something, no one would raise there hands, some yelled out, "someones name (not his/hers)", So I would pick the guy who yelled out the other persons name. My thinking was they wanted to do it but where shy. lol.

I think the Admin is being very fair, letting the members vote, so please lets get some names on the voting list. Who wants to let the Job go to just anyone? You do if you do not raise your hand.

To be clear, I put my name on the list because I love this Forum, not because I wanted the job or that I would be great at it. Sometimes you have to help out, who wants a job where people hate you or the only time you talk to them is to say "Hey you broke the rules"?

I see them hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

sign up now before it is too late (and you end up with me lol) last chance, we need 3!

Plus I already said "I always thought of this Forum like a group of friends, we have our opinions, we sure (should have been SHARE) info, sometimes we may get a little off track but we work it out. As a Moderator I would not want to change that. " So voting for me would be the same has having no Mod! LMAF. and lets not forget my spelling...(see I said "sure" and not shar, I mean share)...lol.

Because they nominated me, I nominate, Randy, Woodsman, Steven and ofdave. But you have to raise your hands!

On the list so far: MJC (me) and Super Sneaky Steve.
Not sure if Glen e, is or not. (Glen e can you clear that up?)
Did I miss anyone?

So do we need a vote or are these the three? not that there is anything wrong with them, well maybe one of them (me). lol.

Hands up, mj

Last edited:

Glen e

Thanks, I’ll pass as it’s more of a full time job , and I mod two other places....I was just volunteering if it was just a spam delete function.....good luck guys.....

MJC

Super Moderator
Admin,
I came up with a idea, (stop laughing),
Whoever becomes a Moderator, should be given a 2nd ID, like Moderator One, Moderator A, or Moderator B. This way the moderators could use their Moderator ID when needed.
And keep their personal ID, for posting like all the other members.

Just a idea,
well to be honest, if I was to become Moderator (fine) I would not like to become mjc the moderator, I would like to be just mjc (a member) and a Moderator when needed, not one in the same.
This way, the other Moderators could make sure I (has a member) followed the same rules has everyone else.
Kinda like even the Moderators (when posting has members) are made to obey the same rules.

Just putting it out there,
mj

Last edited: